• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
vvmfuno
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: Annapolis

Post by vvmfuno »

Hello

I live in Annapolis.
I think I have persuaded my wife to allow me to buy at 28 Albin which seems perfect for the Bay and can handle rough seas in an emergency.
I want to take her out on one. Or at least look at one.
There is not much on the local market besides an old beaten up looking Albin 28 in Rock Hall.
Is there anyone near Annapolis who would let me take her to see an Albin in good shape?
I will probably buy in the Spring around retirement time. Pretty wrapped up in work.
I am a lawyer and upstanding citizen! :D :D
Email is jscruggs@vvmf.org or VVMFUNO@GMAIL.com

JCS
Carl
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Oxford, MD

Re: New Member

Post by Carl »

Welcome!! I would suggest that you and your wife attend the Albin rendezvous being held this month on the 21st in Cambridge MD. You can check out that forum for the details. Here you will be able to see the different versions of the 28 such as the motor box version, flush deck and even a convertable. There will also be many other models incuding the trawlers. Best of all you get to meet some great people and spend some quality time talking boats. Your best bet would be to get there on Saturday as some arrive late on Friday and leave early on Sunday. Hope to see you there!
28TE "Kozy L"
"How U Albin"
marko
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: New Bern, NC

Post by marko »

FYI: In Eastport, MD across the street from Weems & Plath, on Back Creek, there used to be the Chesapeake (boat club?) which was part of J-Port. They had several Albin TE28's and a 36ET as part of a sort of time share on the water. Similar to Freedom Boats. The broker for Chelsea Girl, an ET36 in Annapolis recently on Yacht World, is tied to what was J-Port / Chesapeake Club. If things haven't changed, they'd probably be happy to show you the 28's and make a pitch.
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Post by jcollins »

Welcome to AOG. I echo what Carl said about attending the rendezvous next weekend. If you can't make it search the board for Lou Bennett. He is in your neighborhood.
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
kowal_53
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Annapolis, MD

Post by kowal_53 »

I have a 2006 Albin 28 TE in Annapolis if you want to see it.
Current: Good Mojo 2008 TE 31 - Cummins QSC 8.3 500 HP
Former: Blue Without You 2006 TE 28 - Yanmar 6PLA - 315 HP
whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Anacortes Marina, Anacortes, Wa

Post by whwells »

JCS: WELCOME TO THE AOG. Seems like you created a lot of interests quick and including an offer to view a local 28te. Great boats and you are indeed headed in the right direction. The Rendezvous are a great way to meet and get to know your fellow Albin Owner's and people interested in the boats.
Encourage you to take advantage of the offer to attend
whwells "Howard"
2006 35te Sport-fisher/Flybridge
Active in AOG NW

Return to “New Member Introductions”