• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

A25 On the Loop

Albin's "power cruisers"
Robdog.1
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Texas

A25 On the Loop

Post by Robdog.1 »

Resuming the loop. Covered Gulf Coast and Okechobee waterway last summer. Heading up AICW now. 78 A25 with Yanmar 3JH4E, burning .62 GPH for 10.56NMPG at 6.5kts avg.
image.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
RobS
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Center Moriches, NY

Re: A25 On the Loop

Post by RobS »

Sounds mucho relaxing. That's better economy than my 2500 Dodge Hemi pickup!
Rob S.
"TENACIOUS"
1974 Chris Craft 36' Commander Tournament
Cummins 6BTA 330B's

(Former Owner)
"TOY-RIFIC" 2000 28TE, 6LP, Hull 408

Luck is the residue of good design.
eseyoung
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Marathon, FL

Post by eseyoung »

that is awesome! MORE PICS PLEASE!!!

If you would want to share it would be interesting to see what it cost you to make the loop...i'll bet that looping in a A25 is by far the cheapest way around!
Robdog.1
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Robdog.1 »

I'm doing a non traditional loop! I'm still working and have teen daughters, so I cruise in stages, leave boat somewhere, fly home, fly back and start again! Cost is hard to predict because some marinas are cheap, others it's cheaper to haul and leave it on a rack or stands while I'm gone.
My beer bill is way bigger than my fuel bill.
Hees a few pics on Atlantic side of FL northbound.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Robdog.1
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Robdog.1 »

More pics.
Robdog.1
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Robdog.1 »

Other than my 2007 Yanmar, the BEST feature of my boat is either my full custom canvas( that I copied from another members pictures) or the Dometic 10,000btu marine air/ heat.
About froze my daughter out with the air!
jcamill55
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: petaluma, ca.

Post by jcamill55 »

Rob ,what kind of ladder are you useing on the bow? Cloud we get a close up photo of it . Thanks Jim
Robdog.1
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Robdog.1 »

I'll post a pic of the ladder tomorrow, it has mounts on port side of cockpit and has standoffs from the hull.its also designed to hang from the bow crossmember. It works great, but it does take up space onboard. I'm gonna design a mount under my helm seat for the ladder.
Robdog.1
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Robdog.1 »

Ladder
Sunsetrider
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Gananoque ON

Post by Sunsetrider »

I have noticed in the pics posted on the Swedish Albin 25 FB group that those bow ladders are in universal use over there as they normally pull up to a rocky shore. I wonder where they might be had?
1976 Albin 25 Hull 2529
jcamill55
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: petaluma, ca.

Post by jcamill55 »

I'am interested in one too , I was wondering if there's a Manufacturer name on the ladder. Thanks
DesertAlbin736
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Peoria, AZ USA

Post by DesertAlbin736 »

How far up the Atlantic ICW are you going? If you get to Ft Pierce, stop in & say hi to my little brother Mike who works at the Pursuit Boats factory.

I like the way you've done the bimini/canvas enclosure. It's on my future project list to do something like that. I'm in Arizona where it's nice to have shade and be able to open up the sides & have side curtains. I have to roll mine up when backing up otherwise can't see a thing behind me.

You do see a lot of pics and Youtube videos of Albin 25s that have the bow ladders over in Europe. Previous owner of my boat added a bowsprit and anchor roller for a Bruce anchor, so a bow ladder like that is out of the question for me. My bowsprit is glued down with 5200 adhesive or something and is not going anywhere.

Looks like you've got a great cruise going. Keep us posted!

Steve Eshleman
'71 A25 "La Dolce Vita"
Peoria, AZ
La Dolce Vita
1971 Albin 25 #736
Yanmar 3GM30F
Gig Harbor Boatworks Nisqually 8 dinghy
Residence: Peoria, AZ
Homeport: Lake Pleasant, AZ & beyond
Jay Knoll
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Vero Beach FL

Post by Jay Knoll »

Rob

Looks like you were in Vero Beach! Hope you enjoyed my home port. We just returned from a little shakedown cruise, our first on our 27FC, went up to Daytona and back.

Jay
Robdog.1
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Robdog.1 »

Here's some close ups of the ladde. No manufacturer label anywhere readable, but I know I've seen this almost identical ladder at Bass Pro in Dallas for about $199.00

Already past Fort Pierce, left boat in Daytona for some work while I go home for a few weeks
Sunsetrider
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Gananoque ON

Post by Sunsetrider »

Actually there is a bunch of bow ladders that show up on google. Seems they are quite popular for the beach. For example:
bow-to-beach-ladder-boatingbuddy.jpg
1976 Albin 25 Hull 2529

Return to “A25 / A27 - True Classics”