• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

The Albin 28TE That Started It All Here In The UK Is...

Tree
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Portsmouth, UK

The Albin 28TE That Started It All Here In The UK Is...

Post by Tree »

For Sale......

The price? £75,000 which equates to about $125,000 and I know it will sell all day long!

http://www.boatsandoutboards.co.uk/fishing-boats/albin-28-te-yanmar-315hp-what-a-boat-JFF557

This is why I imported one - not for a profit option but purely because we just don't have a boat over here that meets the specification that the 28 TE offers. Any boat that comes close is the same money but just not that same build quality.

If someone offered me £65k for fisher price, and she is worth it all day long now I'd consider it - only to import another as they are one hell of a boat for the size!

I did have something make me smile earlier - while I was updating the software on the Raymarine instruments a couple walked past in the marina, not noticing me while both were saying "Wow, that is a one hell of boat". I'm pleased to know I've taken what was a unloved boat and made it something special. I really think I've got what I want now and even if I was offered good money for her I'd really have to think hard about it.
Fisher Price 2
Hull Number AUL28489L900
Yanmar 6LP-STE
Built in Portsmouth RI, USA - Berthed in Portsmouth Hampshire, United Kingdom.
Nancy
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Lake Champlain

Re: The Albin 28TE That Started It All Here In The UK Is...

Post by Nancy »

I love the photo in that ad of the tea kettle on the stove. Such a typically British touch!
Nancy
2005 Albin 35CB
Yanmar 6LYA-STP 370
Valentine

Former boats
1995 Albin 28TE, Cummins 6BTA5.9 250, 2012-2022
1978 Trojan F32, 1998-2012
1983 Grady White 241 Weekender, 1988-1997
1980 Wellcraft 192 Classic, 1983-1987

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”