• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

New 31' TE Owner

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
SJR
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Long Beach NY

New 31' TE Owner

Post by SJR »

Hello all, I Joined the group and Purchased a 2006 31' TE last October. Although this is my first post, the group has already been very helpful in answering any questions or concerns I've had, not to mention the wealth of info on the site. A special thanks to Doug J of AlbinFlorida who was kind enough to lend me his time and expert knowledge. Home Port is Long Beach, NY.
TEAGAN II
2006 31' TE
Twin Yanmar 315HP 6-LPAM STP
got2dive
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: none

Re: New 31' TE Owner

Post by got2dive »

Welcome to the site i purchased 31 albin in december in process of bringing in north as i type homeport will be freeport new york in a few days we will have to meet up this summer did you purchase boat from white water marine in suffolk
SJR
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by SJR »

Yep thats the one. She is still out in sayville. Im in the process of upgrading my lift so I can bring her home. Where did you find yours, How far south?
TEAGAN II
2006 31' TE
whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Anacortes Marina, Anacortes, Wa

Post by whwells »

Congra's on finding one of the finest as a 31 Albin. How is she powered? Albin was still buidling very fine boats in 2006. Great choice.
whwells "Howard"
2006 35te Sportfisher/Flybridge Conv. "Nibbles"
2004 Osprey Piltothouse 22 "Nest"
SJR
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by SJR »

thanks Howard. She has Twin Yanmar 6-LPAM STP 315 HP with around 100hrs. I've looked for these boats almost as a hobby ever since I saw my first one years ago, when this one popped up I couldn't resist.
TEAGAN II
2006 31' TE
whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Anacortes Marina, Anacortes, Wa

Post by whwells »

Wow: That is a great fine. A 100 hours is hardly used at all. I also have twin Yanmar 315's. Great engines & work horse als as you timely service. An area of concern is the timing belts on the Yanmar. Factory manual recomends changing at 6 years or 1200 hours whichever occurs first. Did mine last season with about 400 hours on each engine - well another 40 hours on the starboard with the trolling valve.
Even with only 100 hours you may want to follow the manual and do it. The problem if it fails is about 40,000. per engine labor and materials. Simply not worth the risk in my book.
Howard
got2dive
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: none

Post by got2dive »

I bought my 31albin in St Augustine Florida looked at your boat in September that's what made me want to buy the 31 the boat you bought is like brand new
budhod
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Brig Bay, Newfoundland

Post by budhod »

I have moved my post.

Return to “New Member Introductions”