• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

nissan harmonic balancer

Engines, Electric, Plumbing, etc.

Moderator: Jeremyvmd

johnvb1014
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Wilson NY

nissan harmonic balancer

Post by johnvb1014 »

On my 27FC there is considerable vibration in the nissan at low rpm which disappears at around 1000 rpm. The engine has new motor mounts, reconditioned injectors, and a valve adjustment. I'm thinking it could be the harmonic balancer. Does anyone have experience with this? Can you test it to determine if it is bad? If it is bad, is there room to get a puller or whatever tool is needed to remove it? And is there a supplier for a new one or can it be rebuilt?

Any help appreciated.

John VB
eseyoung
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Marathon, FL

Re: nissan harmonic balancer

Post by eseyoung »

Did you find an answer to this?

I have the operation and maintenance manual on board. i am not sure if that will help you or not. I will take a look and see if there is any information in it that will help.
Panhdjoe
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Osprey Marina, Myrtle Beach SC

Post by Panhdjoe »

The Harmonic balancer on this engine is a sung "slip fit". I removed the one on my previous boat with gentile prying action using 2 large screw drivers. You should be able to check for separation of the balancer with a mirror and flashlight. I has a outer ring of steel bonded to the inner part that the bolt goes through. look at the rubber between the 2. If one is bad usually it is apparent, The rubber will be coming out. With the belts off the crankshaft belt pulley it can be removed, it held on by 6 6mm allen bolts, with it off you can get a good look at the balancer.
1983 36 classic
1995 192 Grady White w/ 150 Yamaha
2003 Boss 8'6" Dingy w/6 hp Suzuki
johnvb1014
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Wilson NY

Post by johnvb1014 »

Panhdjoe

Thanks for the info, very helpful. Can I assume you removed the one on your previous boat because it was defective? If so, did you find a replacement or did you have it rebuilt, and in either case do you have contact info for the supplier/rebuilder?

Thanks

John VB
Panhdjoe
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Osprey Marina, Myrtle Beach SC

Post by Panhdjoe »

I removed it when I was replacing the injection pump drive belt, It did not have any problems. During the job I realized that the belt can be replaced without removing the balancer but it did make it easier.... Joe
1983 36 classic
1995 192 Grady White w/ 150 Yamaha
2003 Boss 8'6" Dingy w/6 hp Suzuki

Return to “Albin Maintenance”