• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Dink on 27fc.

Albin's "power cruisers"
eseyoung
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Marathon, FL

Dink on 27fc.

Post by eseyoung »

Anyone have any pics or ideas of where to keep this sucker? thought about towing. thought about on davits on the swim platform but i am worried about overhang. anyone ever put anythign on the hard top? I am thinking for next year we will likely just use our kayaks as tenders.

has anyone ever set up the dink motor on the stern as a kicker/troll motor and/or get home stern? that may be in good use and place to store.
RobS
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Center Moriches, NY

Re: Dink on 27fc.

Post by RobS »

Running at hull speed wouldn't towing it just be the best way to go? We do some local gunkholing and tow it along. It's very convenient and a suction cup rear view mirror and never have to look back...
Rob S.
"TENACIOUS"
1974 Chris Craft 36' Commander Tournament
Cummins 6BTA 330B's

(Former Owner)
"TOY-RIFIC" 2000 28TE, 6LP, Hull 408

Luck is the residue of good design.
Marcy K
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Cape Cod MA

Post by Marcy K »

We always stored our dinghy on Weaver davits on the swim platform. Worked really well. Had the 5 hp Nissan on a mounting block on the aft rail. The 2 kayaks were always on the hard roof. We installed a teak hand rail in the middle of the roof to tie the kayaks off to and used those foam kayak holders (2 for each kayak) underneath them. It all worked out very well. Its pretty amazing that everything fit so well (the fold-up bikes were in the galley) - we only have room for one kayak on our A 34 now (and the folding bikes are still with us)! Good luck - we traveled all over from Westbrook to Nantucket like this for 10 years.

Marcy K
A 34 Paumanok 1986
Westbrook, CT
Marcy K
A 34 Paumanok 1986
Cape Cod MA
eseyoung
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by eseyoung »

how do you a towed dink when docking? My only real reservation is what to do then.
RobS
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by RobS »

Stern in: walk it to the bow and tie it off on a very short leash when you're in the slip basin.

Side to: tie her along side on the opposite side that you will be docking against.

Bow in: well, I think you get it....
Rob S.
"TENACIOUS"
Cummins 6BTA 330B's

(Former Owner)

eseyoung
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by eseyoung »

I do get it...perhaps i should work on my boat handling skills. I'll likely stick to the kayaks for awhile till i get more comfortable.
RobS
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by RobS »

It's very simple and once you walk it around it's like it's not even there. Even on platform davits you'll have to deal with it this way if going into a slip. On the hardtop is the best for when heading into a dock...
Rob S.
"TENACIOUS"
Cummins 6BTA 330B's

(Former Owner)

whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Anacortes Marina, Anacortes, Wa

Post by whwells »

Installaton of Weaver davits on the swim platform gets the dingy mostly out of the way. Very easy to drop down and reload when needed. Some of the larger boats use the power unit for up & down but that is expensive. The only downside for me the is dingly gets in the way of bringing in fish on occasion. It is not a serious problem but a concern.
Placement on top may be a good idea on the 27.
whwells "Howard"
2006 35te Sportfisher/Flybridge Conv.
2004 Osprey Pilothouse 22

Return to “A25 / A27 - True Classics”