• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Just Joined

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
mvollmer
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: panama city

Just Joined

Post by mvollmer »

I just wanted to introduce myself. I recently retired and live in Panama City Beach Florida and enjoying life on the beach and in the water. I have had all type of boats and now in the process of giving my oldest son my Bayliner 1950. For years I have wanted to try to do the loop and have decided to take the plunge. I now have to start looking for a cost efficient ride to do the loop. Over the past year I have been impressed with the Albin 27 family cruisers and will now be in the market for a 1985 (?) era boat that will take me around the loop. I would value any advice on this crazy notion as well as any ideas on the what Albin family cruisers are available for sale.

Thanks so much for any advice!!

Mike Vollmer
hetek
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Southold, NY

Re: Just Joined

Post by hetek »

Welcome Mike!

Here's a discussion on that very topic:

viewtopic.php?f=29&t=6145

I'm jealous. Although I have the boat (84 Albin 27FC - currently for sale) I just don't have the time.

- Jon B.
Jon B.
Former owner of...
"Bunkie" - a 1984 A27FC
New owner of...
1977 A25 deLuxe - a work in progress
mvollmer
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: panama city

Post by mvollmer »

Thanks so much for the information Jon. It was most useful! By the way, I took some time looing at Bunkie and would love to learn more. Please know that I have no experience with diesel engines and really need to be brought up to date on hours and maintenance issues.

Look forward to learning more about Bunkie Jon.

Thanks!
Mike
whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Anacortes Marina, Anacortes, Wa

Post by whwells »

Welcome: Sounds like you have the right boat in mind for the Loop. The 27' seems to be big enough and is very cost effecive to operate. We have a NW AOG couple doing the Loop in sections. Margaret & Jim have done blog of part of the trip. Hopefully, they will see your comments and get back to you with some helpful information. Best of Luck in the search.
whwells "Howard"
2006 35te Sportfisher/ Conv.

Return to “New Member Introductions”