• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

A-25 Rub Rail?

Albin's "power cruisers"
NickScheuer
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Rockford, IL

A-25 Rub Rail?

Post by NickScheuer »

Am making plans to have our A-25's deck and house repainted, professionally. It presently has a couple of coats of brushed-on enamel, peeling wholesale. If the original rub rail is removed, and turns out to not reinstall right, is new stuff available on the market?

Our rub rail is blue, with a white stuffer strip. Black would be OK for replacement.
george.publow
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: Picton, Ontario

Re: A-25 Rub Rail?

Post by george.publow »

I went through this same process several years ago. I repainted myself with Interlux "Perfection" 2-part polyurethane. I could not find a replacement rubstrip which I liked so I cut some clear Ash hardwood with an appropriate cross- section and "steam bent" 8' lengths to fit the boat and then used Cetol on it. Looks a heck of a lot nicer than a plastic rubstrip!

George

Return to “A25 / A27 - True Classics”