• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

New Old Members

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
oldcapt
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Sarasota

New Old Members

Post by oldcapt »

Thanks for having us. We are old, retired, experienced and looking to slow down our boating a bit, and are in the hunt for an Albin 27 Family Cruiser. In a perfect world we would trade our very nice Pursuit Denali 2460 for a similar quality Albin 27. Boat still has a couple years of 100% Mercruiser factory warranty on a brand new engine (100 hrs.) and heavy duty Bravo III diesel outdrive. Boat kept in our indoor dry storage rack in Sarasota/Venice area. We own the rack and could rent long term along with boat, 1/4 mile to Gulf. Best location on Florida West Coast. We get shared information on this Albin site that we can't put a price on, thanks again!
turtlemoon

Re: New Old Members

Post by turtlemoon »

I just bought one, I found it on Yachtworld.com
There are a few, not many, but they show up from time to time.
Good luck,
Lee
hetek
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Southold, NY

Post by hetek »

They also show up in the "Swap / Trade / Sell" section of the Albin Owner's Group website.

Hey! Here's a nice one:

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=6768

[shameless plug]

Seriously, I bought Bunkie through Craigslist, but as a former marine mechanic, I knew what to look for, what to avoid, and what didn't really matter because I was going to upgrade it anyway.

One more point... Yachtworld is only for marine brokers, no private sales. Not that it's a bad thing but it does add the brokers commision to the price of the boat. You do get the added security of a brokered sale though.

Yachtworld has an affiliate site called Boats.com, which not only includes the Yachtworld listings, but also accepts private listings. There's a nice 27 Family Cruiser there too! :)
Jon B.
Former owner of...
"Bunkie" - a 1984 A27FC
New owner of...
1977 A25 deLuxe - a work in progress
RobS
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Center Moriches, NY

Post by RobS »

hetek wrote: Hey! Here's a nice one: