• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

TE 28 2006 Stereo Fuse yes or no

kowal_53
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Annapolis, MD

TE 28 2006 Stereo Fuse yes or no

Post by kowal_53 »

It looks like my stereo power is not reaching my stereo. Does anyone know if this is a hard wire or did Albin install a fuse some where. Of course it would be nice to know where Albin may have run the hot wire in the first place. Is it behind the mirror, to in the breaker panel? So far I have not been able to locate it on the attachment point.
Current: Good Mojo 2008 TE 31 - Cummins QSC 8.3 500 HP
Former: Blue Without You 2006 TE 28 - Yanmar 6PLA - 315 HP
JackK
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Portsmouth, Rhode Island

Re: TE 28 2006 Stereo Fuse yes or no

Post by JackK »

On my 2003 28TE there is a fuse in the wiring behind the radio. I believe it was stock in the Sony wiring harness. You can access the wiring harness through the hanging locker or just pull the radio out part way.

Hope this helps,
Jack
former boat .. 2003 28 TE Flushdeck Dogonit
kowal_53
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kowal_53 »

I have managed to trace the wiring. I even have a picture, and will post it once I figure that out. The Sony unit has three wires for power, yellow alway on, and the other two, switched/display are together. The Albin wiring routes these two back to 2 fuses. The yellow one goes to a fuse holder, as a red wire, which goes to a DC power bar. The other one goes through the fuse and to the bar under the DC one. Mine currently does not have power, not sure why.

All I can say is that the Sony unit used to come on as soon as I turned on the power. Now is does not. I did take it home and wire it to a battery, and it did come on.

I was hoping to find an electrical diagram of the boat, it might tell what that other bar is about. Stay tuned more troubleshooting to come.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Russell
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Stuart, FL

Post by Russell »

My Sony radio has a .2 amp fuse that I have had to replace several times after my kids used the boat. Apparently turning the volume up too loud blows it out. I think it is in the yellow line and the wire is so fine it is difficult to see if it is blown. If it is not the fuse, can you check your feed wires with a VOM?
Russ
2005 Flush Deck
Honey Girl
Volvo D6-310
Stuart FL
DougSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Safe Harbor - Essex Island Marina, Essex, CT

Post by DougSea »

Just to clarify, the yellow "always on" wire is your radio's memory power. It's probably wired to the same buss as your bilge pumps and anything else that always needs power, even when the batteries are switched to off. I believe the radio will work even if there's no power on this lead. You need to track down the red wire. If I recall correctly you should be able to find the bundle of wires from your radio behind the dash. Either that fuse is blown, or it's connected to a switch that you've turned off.
Doug
Sonny IV
2006 35TE Convertible, Volvo D6-370's
Former owner - Sonny III, 1997 28TE with "The BEAST"
kowal_53
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kowal_53 »

I have finally gotten to the bottom of the mystery stereo. Apparently those who replaced the batteries missed one of the cables. The stereo works fine now that it is hooked up. In the process I determined that the memory yellow wire was reversed with the switched DC line. I fixed that, and now the stereo can remember things.

The picture above is rotated 90 degrees counter clock wise. The top bar is switched DC from the battery switch, and the bottom one is full time DC. You can see a piece of the ground bus bar.
Russell
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Stuart, FL

Post by Russell »

Kowal53 Thank you for posting that picture which was a lifesaver for me. I was replacing the stereo on my new boat and blew a fuse on the "always on" wire. I thought I had to tear the boat apart chasing those wires but a search here turned up your picture and I went right to the fuse holder. I have never seen that type of holder before and it pulls the ends off the fuse when you open them. I had to fish the ends out with a hemostat which was very difficult because the holder seizes the metal caps. Anyway that did the trick and the new stereo sounds fine as well as being able to play MP3's, USB drives, and bluetooth. :D
Russ
2005 Flush Deck
Honey Girl
Volvo D6-310
Stuart FL

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”