• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Ok the admiral is sold on an Albin 28 TE - now to find one!

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
backintoboating
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: Narragansett Bay RI

Ok the admiral is sold on an Albin 28 TE - now to find one!

Post by backintoboating »

Update....I got the go from the Admiral to start looking for an Albin TE. Thanks to Jack on Dogonit, she has seen one and liked it! I have been telling her how much more we could do with an Albin versus our cuddy, and she is convinced. I hope to find and engine box model with a Yanmar 315, year 2000 or newer and with reasonably low hours. I hope to stay around 65000 or below. Do-able? The hunt is on! Should make the off season a fun challenge!

Hello everyone. I am a new member but do not (yet!) own an Albin. I got back into boating in 2009 after flying planes as a hobby for many years. My kids are now on their own and my wife is not really that comfortable in small planes, so we got back into boating. I grew up in a boating family and have loved it my whole life. I currently have a 21 foot Monterey cuddy that we take into the Narragansett Bay and surrpounding areas. We cruise, we don't fish at all. The Albin 28 looks like just what we need for weekending, Block Island, Martha's Vineyard, etc. I hope to find one by next season and move out of trailering and into marina life. Funny, I have only had the Monterey one season, love it ,but want more seaworthiness and weekend capability. I guess I have "7 foot-itis". The one thing my wife is concerned with is the slow speed of the 28 TE. I told her we typically run about 22 (with one fast rip per trip), so the Albin won't run much slower and would be much more comfortable. Anyway, I will be lurking here and looking for a TE. Hi all!
Last edited by backintoboating on Sat Sep 14, 2013 7:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
DougSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Safe Harbor - Essex Island Marina, Essex, CT

Re: New member- hope to sell the admiral on an Albin 28 TE

Post by DougSea »

Hi and welcome to AOG.
backintoboating wrote:The one thing my wife is concerned with is the slow speed of the 28 TE. I told her we typically run about 22 (with one fast rip per trip), so the Albin won't run much slower and would be much more comfortable.!
I had a variety of smaller, faster boats before we bought our prior boat, a 1997 28TE.

Yes, it's slower...

But it will do 18+ knots ALL DAY! In almost anything! :) A good friend who runs a 25 walk-around was with me on a trip back from the Hudson to Long Island Sound. He was absolutely astonished by the comfort of the ride even as the seas picked up and the fact that I pretty much never had to adjust the throttle. He'd have been adjusting constantly. And it's a solid boat. You just feel safe, including conditions where that Monterey wouldn't even think of leaving the dock.

A last though point - my wife was on the fence about continuing to boat prior to the 28. Now she's the reason we have the 35! A proper head, galley, and sleeping comfort, all in a very solid package...

Good luck!
Doug
Sonny IV
2006 35TE Convertible, Volvo D6-370's
Former owner - Sonny III, 1997 28TE with "The BEAST"
backintoboating
Swabby
Swabby

Thanks Dougsea. My wife loves boating but is not that thrilled when the waves get over 2 feet. We love to entertain also and sloppy conditions make for some uncomfortable guests. I can live with 18 knots. Will get me anywhere I want to go in reasonable time. I am pretty sold on the Albin idea. Just need to find the right one and start enjoying!
backintoboating
Swabby
Swabby

Well my wife I were out boating today in my current 21 foot Monterey and happened to run into Jack (and Cassie his trusty dog) on the Dogonit in Tiverton. Jack was nice enough to let us board his beautiful boat to get a feel for it's size and amenities. I have been reading and studying up on the Albin TE but had not boarded one yet. I saw two other Albin 28's up in Camden Maine last week, but only from a distance. Thank you Jack. Hope to see you on the bay soon.
JackK
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Portsmouth, Rhode Island

Post by JackK »

Very nice meeting your family as well. Sorry the cabin was a mess but I had just finished up with some repair work (frozen seacock) and a worn splice on the anchor line.

If you would like a better look or a test ride, send me a pm and we can meet up at the dock and go for a ride.

Jack

PS Cassie loved the company as well 8)
former boat .. 2003 28 TE Flushdeck Dogonit

Return to “New Member Introductions”