• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Battery sizes

Not model or forum specific.

Moderators: DougSea, RobS

sailingzeus
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: St. Augustine, Fl

Battery sizes

Post by sailingzeus »

Hi there.

I am a new member and new owner of an Albin 28TE 2005. Can someone tell me what are the battery sizes as recommended by the manufacturer? The previous owner did not follow rules...

Also if anybody has the Technical bulletin for a 2005 I am willing to copy it, create a PDF file that the owner of the website can make it available to everyone who needs it. I 'll pay for the expenses of shipping. Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Sailingzeus
St. Augustine, Fl
DougSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Safe Harbor - Essex Island Marina, Essex, CT

Re: Battery sizes

Post by DougSea »

Hi Zeus,

I'm not aware of any particular recommendation from Albin. Your engine start battery suggested size would be dictated by the maker of your engine (I'd assume Yanmar) and the house bank would be very much dependent on your planned use.

Unfortunately there is no "technical bulletin". Albin was somewhat lacking in that area. As a supporting member you do have access to the "library" so you may want to poke around there. Also do some searches here on the site, there are a number of battery discussions.

If you have any specific questions please post them and we'll do our best to help.

Welcome aboard!
Doug
Sonny IV
2006 35TE Convertible, Volvo D6-370's
Former owner - Sonny III, 1997 28TE with "The BEAST"
Chris & Dale

Post by Chris & Dale »

Regarding batteries, there are lots of options, a lot of which is dependent on how you plan to use them (e.g., we installed a 2000w inverter). I'm including a link to my battery upgrade project for you to look at and highly recommend you search batteries in here...there is a bountiful wealth of knowledge and experience to be gained.

viewtopic.php?f=27&t=5951

Good Luck!
sailingzeus
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: St. Augustine, Fl

Post by sailingzeus »

Thank you all for the replies.

Sailingzeus

Return to “General Discussion”