• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

A LIST New Owners

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
seasalt
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: SW Florida

A LIST New Owners

Post by seasalt »

In here I am Seasalt. Out there I am Ron Carter. My wife, Peggy, and I live in Punta Gorda Isles, FL and belong to the Isles Yacht Club. We became acquainted with one of your esteemed members...Chuck Waygood...and ended up purchasing his fine vessel, "A"-List, a 35 TE SF. After pouring a jigger of rum over the transom for Neptune, the new name will be the original name: "Hi Spirits".

Our background in boating consists of owning a classic Albin 33, a 36' Cruisers Express, a 45' Caifornian Motor Yacht and a 42' Nordic Tug. We have visited the Gulf and East Coast from Galveston to Booth Bay Harbor Maine and the inland waterways to Knoxville, TN.

Peggy is a former computer systems contractor for NASA and Exxon. I am a former professor of international marketing within the University of Houston system.

We are looking forward to meeting fellow AOG members along the waterway.
Ron
Hi Spirits (sold)
35 TE SF
Punta Gorda, FL
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Re: A LIST New Owners

Post by jcollins »

Hi Ron,
That is quite the resume. Both boating and professional life. Welcome to Albin Owners Group.
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
RobS
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Center Moriches, NY

Post by RobS »

jcollins wrote:Hi Ron,
That is quite the resume. Both boating and professional life. Welcome to Albin Owners Group.
Agreed! Great to see a great boat get the home she deserves.
Rob S.
"TENACIOUS"
1974 Chris Craft 36' Commander Tournament
Cummins 6BTA 330B's

(Former Owner)
"TOY-RIFIC" 2000 28TE, 6LP, Hull 408

Luck is the residue of good design.
DougSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Safe Harbor - Essex Island Marina, Essex, CT

Post by DougSea »

Hi Ron and Peggy and welcome to AOG and the 'elite' 35 club! :-) I'm glad you and Chuck connected and kept her in the family.
Doug
Sonny IV
2006 35TE Convertible, Volvo D6-370's
Former owner - Sonny III, 1997 28TE with "The BEAST"
Bidgood
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Pelican Isle, Florida

Post by Bidgood »

Ron & Peggy

Bidgood (30 FC) has been to Isles several times.( I dropped my cell into the marina waters last year) What a classy place!! We are members of PIYC in Naples. If you ever come down here as part of FCYC let me know! I know A-List as we have been to a couple of Albin gatherings at Cape Harbour. You made a good choice!

Tom L
Blessed are the flexible, for they shall not be bent out of shape.

Albin 30 FC
Hull # "0"
rcwhite
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Southport Maine

Post by rcwhite »

Congrats, we live in the Boothbay region and have a place across the river from you.
Hope to make the trip down by water sometime soon. I also work in technology. Small world:)
Maybe we will see you on the water some time this fall. We keep a small boat down there
and spend as much time as we can on it.

Chris
seasalt
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: SW Florida

Post by seasalt »

Doug,

I always wanted to be elite at something. Do you know how many 35 TE SF's were built?

Ron
Ron
Hi Spirits (sold)
35 TE SF
Punta Gorda, FL
NickScheuer
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Rockford, IL

Post by NickScheuer »

We've visited Punta Gorda Isles each Spring for the last three years. Gayle has a brother located there. We're considering towing our Albin-25 down there from Illinois sometime soon.

Nick
DougSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Safe Harbor - Essex Island Marina, Essex, CT

Post by DougSea »

seasalt wrote:Doug,

I always wanted to be elite at something. Do you know how many 35 TE SF's were built?

Ron
No, I don't. I do know that the way Albin Marine sequenced their HINs that ours is the 156th 35TE (AUL35255... The 255 is the sequence and they started at 100) I would guess that the majority were the Sport Fish style, but that's just a guess. When we were looking for ours most of the ones we saw were two helm SFs. Ours is a single helm convertible.

Maybe we should start a registry like the 36ETs! :)
Doug
Sonny IV
2006 35TE Convertible, Volvo D6-370's
Former owner - Sonny III, 1997 28TE with "The BEAST"
Al O Fish Us
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Punta Gorda, Florida

Post by Al O Fish Us »

Welcome to AOG and Punta Gorda! We live there too and got to know Chuck and your boat at the annual Rendezvous. There are several Albins in the area many of which are involved with the AOG group and rendezvous.
Hopefully we have one again next year. We missed this year due to last minute events getting in the way. Hope to meet you in Punta Gorda

Jim & Overton
Nauti Naita
Punta Gorda
whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Anacortes Marina, Anacortes, Wa

Post by whwells »

Welcome you purchased a fine boat from a great member and friend. Chuck was out to visit with us in
Trinidad, Ca. & then on up to Puget Sound, Wa. where we cruised for a week. That happened just before his return to Flor. and the sale to you.
You got the buy of the year on such a fine and well equipped 35te. It is the only hardtop I have seen anywhere.
Congra's on the fine.
whwells 'Howard"

Return to “New Member Introductions”