• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

The Adventure Begins

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
Sunsetrider
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Gananoque ON

The Adventure Begins

Post by Sunsetrider »

Hi folks - I thought I should post an intro here, although in my excitement I did already start a topic in the Albin 25 section. I am to meet the PO and pay for it today, then arrange for a transfer to the marine shop to attend to the motor woes.

Background: Back in the 80s I had experience on Lake Ontario with a 30-ft sailboat and a 26 ft SeaRay. Loved the sail, simply could not deal with the noise of the power boat and the inability to "cruise" around. Now I live on a beautiful inland lake and enjoy toodling about on our 1990-era bowrider. We are close by the 1000 Islands area of Lake Ontario/St. Lawrence River, so I've been seeking an economical solution to explore that wonderland that provides a blend of the good characteristics of sail and power. Imagine my delight to find an Albin 25 for sale at a low price withing a half-hour of my home!

Once the motor fueling issues are dealt with I look forward to working on the deck and interior teak cosmetics and maybe upgrading the galley. And looking for a trailer solution for the Fall.

Back to my research! :D
1976 Albin 25 Hull 2529
DougSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Safe Harbor - Essex Island Marina, Essex, CT

Re: The Adventure Begins

Post by DougSea »

I'm looking forward to hearing about your fix-up and restoration efforts...and the cruising stories that follow shortly!

(I do notice a strange note in your signature. Are you having trouble with your avatar photo?)
Doug
Sonny IV
2006 35TE Convertible, Volvo D6-370's
Former owner - Sonny III, 1997 28TE with "The BEAST"
Sunsetrider
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Sunsetrider »

DougSea wrote: (I do notice a strange note in your signature. Are you having trouble with your avatar photo?)
Yep - 5 kb is so small, I keep reducing and reducing and when it gets down to that size it's barely recognizable. And also i can't figure out how to pop in a pic to my posts. Can I use a pic on my pc or do I need to use a url link?
1976 Albin 25 Hull 2529
DougSea
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by DougSea »

It takes some doing to get the avatar photo correct but it can be done... :)

Send me the picture you want to use and I'll give it a shot. (cdouglascampbell AT gmail.com)

As for posting photos, go to the Pictures forum and there's a post at the very top with instructions. Very easy. Attach the photo(s) to your post and then place it where you want within the text.
Doug
Sonny IV
Sunsetrider
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Sunsetrider »

I'll try posting a few random shots of what possibly become known as "Manatee." Seems kind of appropriate . . . :wink:
20130629_152632.jpg
20130702_140518.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
1976 Albin 25 Hull 2529
DougSea
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by DougSea »

I grabbed your photo above and re-sized it as best I could. You need a more even (square) image to take full advantage of the pixels and KB allowed.

Have a good day!
Doug
Sonny IV

Return to “New Member Introductions”