• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

New member with Albin 25 floating in my head

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
Chrissy
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: none

New member with Albin 25 floating in my head

Post by Chrissy »

Hello from Chrissy in the great NW. I am the newest member of the AOG and I have a bad case of Albin fever. Living in Portland, Oregon and wanting a year round boat that can take some weather and be trailered while not breaking the fuel fund, I have naturally fallen in love with the Albin 25. We have two boys, 10 and 12 and two dogs who, hopefully will not give our new vessel a poop deck. We look to use the boat in the Portland area but also trailer her up to the San Juans and to the Oregon Coast. The ocean here gets nasty at times with big, rolling 20' swells that are spaced out enough that folks can still go fishing. Any Albin 25 owners been out in these conditions and if so, how did the boat perform?

If anyone knows of a nice 25 on the west coast, please let me know.

Chrissy
joreyn
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Port Ludlow, WA

Re: New member with Albin 25 floating in my head

Post by joreyn »

It looks like there are two for sale in BC and one in Bellingham. try www.albinbc.com/for-sale
Blue Moon
1999 36 Express Trawler
Chrissy
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: none

Post by Chrissy »

The two in Canada are a bit out of my range. Unfortunately, the lovely Albin in Bellingham has sold. That looked like a nice boat! The search continues...
DougSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Safe Harbor - Essex Island Marina, Essex, CT

Post by DougSea »

Hi Chrissy and welcome to AOG!

Best of luck in your search!
Doug
Sonny IV
2006 35TE Convertible, Volvo D6-370's
Former owner - Sonny III, 1997 28TE with "The BEAST"
Rtroy
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: Bellingham, Washington

Post by Rtroy »

Chrissy,
You may try contacting Bellingham Yacht Sales, (360) 671-0990, they were the dealer for Albin. Nick is one of the owners who brokered my deal for the 28 TE from Bellingham. It has been working out quite well for me. I have put on over 350 hours since buying it in Feb 2013. 3 trips from Bellingham out to Swiftsure bank this year for salmon and halibut, mangaging some cranky seas out there without much difficulty. Good luck
Troy

Return to “New Member Introductions”