• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Looking for Albin 27FC

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
JeffScott92
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Charleston

Looking for Albin 27FC

Post by JeffScott92 »

We live in the Charleston area and have enjoyed our center console 20' Sea Hunt since 2004. I grew up on the Savannah river lakes and bass boats as a kid. We have taken weekend trips to Savannah etc. but just love being on the water. I fish offshore regularly on bigger friends' boats. That being said, I am a cruiser not a fisherman. I have been looking at trawlers and cruisers for about 2 years now. I have finally decided that within my budget and looking at what we want to do, which is spend the weekend on the water at the barrier islands, and take occasional trips up and down the "ditch" the Albin 27FC is the way to go. Not interested in going fast, just enjoying the salt water. I will be selling or trading my Sea Hunt and hopefully purchasing a 27 this summer.

There are a few for sale up the east coast and I plan on taking a weekend trip in the next few weeks to look. Anybody know anything about the "Risky Business" in Rahway, NJ?

I would be looking to put in A/C for overnight comfort. Any issues come out of this? I saw one that recently sold in Florida that had a campers rooftop a/c aboard. Any preferences over the rooftop vs. in the cabin.

Anyway, just getting started. Any buying advice is appreciated.
DougSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Safe Harbor - Essex Island Marina, Essex, CT

Re: Looking for Albin 27FC

Post by DougSea »

Hi Jeff and welcome to AOG!

I'm sure folks will chime in on the pros and cons (very few cons!) of the 27. You may want to post your question in the sub-forum as well, not everyone reads the whole board. And the SEARCH function is you friend!

As for AC, a properly sized marine unit would be the way I would go. Since they use a seawater heat exchanger they're more efficient, and they're made to withstand the rigors of the marine environment. And you should be able to split the ducting to get air to both cabins. There are a number of good posts on the selection and installation process. Probably the best advice you'll get is to not go too big. An oversized unit cools too quickly and doesn't remove the humidity as well as a smaller unit that runs longer.

Good luck!
Doug
Sonny IV
2006 35TE Convertible, Volvo D6-370's
Former owner - Sonny III, 1997 28TE with "The BEAST"
Panhdjoe
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Osprey Marina, Myrtle Beach SC

Re: Looking for Albin 27FC

Post by Panhdjoe »

Hi Jeff We have a 27 family cruiser located in Charleston, For some time we have been planning to move to a 36 trawler when I retire fully in 10 months. However we are looking into our finances and might consider going ahead a little sooner. Our Boat is a 1984 with the Nissan diesel, The mechanicals, electrical and electronics are top notch, it does have some cosmetic issues. If you think you might be interested our would just like to take a boat ride let me know, we live in Columbia but are down to the boat often. BTW I tried to send this in a PM but could not make it work, I am probably doing something wrong. My Email is pnhdjoe AT sc.rr.com
1983 36 classic
1995 192 Grady White w/ 150 Yamaha
2003 Boss 8'6" Dingy w/6 hp Suzuki

Return to “New Member Introductions”