• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

New OR member

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
sagolds
Mate
Mate
Home Port: Scappoose, OR

New OR member

Post by sagolds »

Hi all. Thought I would introduce myself. My name is Sharon, and I just bought a 1977 Albin 25 deLuxe. I brought her down from Nanaimo, BC, and have her moored at Scappoose in Oregon, on the Multnomah Channel. (Thank you Hira for the recommendation!) My husband and I had a boat in AZ, but this is the first boat I've had on my own and so far I've had lots of help from my brother and others, and I'm sure am going to need alot more in the future! :lol: But getting more comfortable each time I take her out, and looking forward to many pleasurable hours of exploring the wonderful rivers of Oregon.

I'm also looking forward to interacting with other female skippers on this board. We need to stick together!
Thoughts become things---choose the good ones.
joreyn
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Port Ludlow, WA

Re: New OR member

Post by joreyn »

Any thought of joining us for the PNW rendezvous in September? Info on the board index.
Blue Moon
1999 36 Express Trawler
Nancy
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Lake Champlain

Post by Nancy »

Welcome aboard, Sharon! My husband and I have owned boats for many years. Last spring we downsized to an Albin 28TE. I love this little boat that's easy to handle myself. I do most of the skippering and nearly all the docking & departing. Keep practicing! You'll get the hang of it.
Nancy
2005 Albin 35CB
Yanmar 6LYA-STP 370
Valentine

Former boats
1995 Albin 28TE, Cummins 6BTA5.9 250, 2012-2022
1978 Trojan F32, 1998-2012
1983 Grady White 241 Weekender, 1988-1997
1980 Wellcraft 192 Classic, 1983-1987
WaterLover
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Folly Beach, SC

Post by WaterLover »

Hi Sharon!
I too am new to my own boat skippering! I am on the southeast coast and have a 37' Palm Beach Trawler. Been learning how to handle my twin engine belle for the last few months myself. What a fun and exciting challenge. Congratulations!
-Annie
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Post by jcollins »

Welcome Sharon. Post some pics of your new boat.
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
NickScheuer
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Rockford, IL

Post by NickScheuer »

Welcome Sharon! We are starting our second season in the 1976 Albin-25, the NORD STJERNE. Having grandkids near Portland with a mother who grew up cruising in one of my sailboats, we expect to tow the Albin out to the PNW at some point when the kids are a bit older.

Nick
Chrissy
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: none

Post by Chrissy »

Hi Sharon,

Glad to know of an Albin 25 owner in the Portland area! I just joined the group but have been searching for a 25 for a couple of months. I have been thinking about the Multnomah Channel for mooring as well. I would love to hear about your adventure finding a boat and what you have learned about cruising this area. My wife will certainly need to learn to skipper the boat when we find one because she is a much better driver than I will ever be - so there is a potential fellow female captain for you. :) I have been showing her pictures of Albin 25's but would love to show her the real McCoy before I purchase one. If you can help me sell her on this particular boat, we can parade two Albins through town. What fun!

Return to “New Member Introductions”