• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Look forward to stepping upto the Albin 31 TE!!!

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
albin31express
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: islip, ny

Look forward to stepping upto the Albin 31 TE!!!

Post by albin31express »

Hey Guys,

I've been hunting around for the next REEL SERENITY.. I'm completely sold on the 31. I spend every possible chance I get fishing, when I'm not working, family commitments etc., My family and I have been squeezing into a 25 GLE Baha Cruiser on the weekends here at Fire Island. So I was looking for the one boat that can do it all for my needs and the 31 is it. I'm looking for twins because when we go to the Canyon here off Long Island it's 75-90 miles. So I need to cruise about 22-23 knots. From what I'm hearing with twin 315 Yanmars running with a full load: fuel,ice, crew,tackle etc...Can I do that at 2400 rpms? Is this true?? How many GPH, MPG at this speed? Any recommendations on Gen Set KW? Are the air conditioning units in these boat sufficient enough to cool the main cabin and pilothouse on a hot day? Any feedback would be truely appreciated. Thanks
RobS
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Center Moriches, NY

Re: Look forward to stepping upto the Albin 31 TE!!!

Post by RobS »

The 315 yanmars are high speed engines, cruise rpms is +/- 3,200rpms. Fully loaded for the canyon you will not be able to obtain that cruising speed, even with the twin screw. I am thinking 20knots would be it without pushing her hard. I am sure some twin 31 TE owners will chime in with real data.
Rob S.
"TENACIOUS"
1974 Chris Craft 36' Commander Tournament
Cummins 6BTA 330B's

(Former Owner)
"TOY-RIFIC" 2000 28TE, 6LP, Hull 408

Luck is the residue of good design.
kirley
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: moss landing ca.

Post by kirley »

Recent purchase of a 31 with single 450 Cummins and top speed is 21 and cruise is 18, LOVE THIS BOAT! Best of luck!
albin31express
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: islip, ny

Post by albin31express »

Do you have any idea what you are burning at 18 kts? Can you still cruise at 18kts with full ,crew,tackle ice? How does the boat hadle with a following sea? Thanks
kirley
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: moss landing ca.

Post by kirley »

WELL---was fishing 10 miles out and was called by concerned people on land about 25-30 mph winds, came in on auto pilot, almost fell asleep, my last boat would have been surfing up and down the waves and would've been exhausted, what a differance a boat makes! The fuel---does it really matter? Just fuel up when you need! I havn't keep track, but currently keeping track of recent fill up, I'll keep you informed! We do run at 17-18 no problem! Biggest problem is slowing boat to fish, I throw a big sea anchor- works great. Luck!
Albinflorida
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Bradenton, FL

Post by Albinflorida »

albin31express wrote:Hey Guys,

I've been hunting around for the next REEL SERENITY.. I'm completely sold on the 31. I spend every possible chance I get fishing, when I'm not working, family commitments etc., My family and I have been squeezing into a 25 GLE Baha Cruiser on the weekends here at Fire Island. So I was looking for the one boat that can do it all for my needs and the 31 is it. I'm looking for twins because when we go to the Canyon here off Long Island it's 75-90 miles. So I need to cruise about 22-23 knots. From what I'm hearing with twin 315 Yanmars running with a full load: fuel,ice, crew,tackle etc...Can I do that at 2400 rpms? Is this true?? How many GPH, MPG at this speed? Any recommendations on Gen Set KW? Are the air conditioning units in these boat sufficient enough to cool the main cabin and pilothouse on a hot day? Any feedback would be truely appreciated. Thanks
Former dealer here. 31 is a fantastic boat! You have made a great decision. No the single stock A/C is not enough to cool the pilothouse on a warm / hot day. I just sold a 2004 31 and the owner installed a second 16,000 unit in the starboard sink unit behind the drawers. Keeps the PH very cool. Yanmar 315 are 4000 WOT engines with a top cruise RPM of around 3600. She should cruise around 22 knots or more at 3600, depending on load. Some of these boats were made with 370 Yanmar or Cummins, but are rather rare. Twin 315's should burn around 16 to 20 GPH at high cruise. The factory generator is 6.5kw, which will power the boat and the additional A/C, if you want one. I will be glad to answer any other questions you may have and check out the 1996 Albin 31 I posted. VERY nice boat, but may be a bit under powered (twin 250 Cummins) for your needs.
Doug Jenkins
Edwards Yacht Sales
941-504-0790
Doug J
Edwards Yacht Sales
941-504-0790

Return to “New Member Introductions”