• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

New Owner - 71 Albin 25

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
Desertboater
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Eastern Washington State

New Owner - 71 Albin 25

Post by Desertboater »

Just purchased a 1971 Albin 25 with the original AD-21 engine as a retirement project.

I'm looking forward to learning more about the boat and refurbishment/modifications others have made on their boats. The boat is in Illinois but my home is in Las Vegas and work location is in the high desert of eastern Washington state, so don't have immediate plans to start any work on the boat. I'm currently doing research on the internet but would like to visit the "wet side" (Seattle or Vancouver) if there is a gathering of Albin 25's in 2013.

Bill W.
Desertboater
Albin 25 - 1971 originally with AD-21 engine
Repowered with Beta Marine 25hp
Binford
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Port Orchard, WA

Re: New Owner - 71 Albin 25

Post by Binford »

Pacific Northwest Rendezvous in Port Townsend Friday, September 13, through Sunday morning the 15th.

Here's the thread: http://albinowners.net/aog/viewtopic.php?f=85&t=5933
-- Tim Taylor
1980 Glasply 19-1/2' cuddy hardtop w/Mercruiser 470 I/O
1982 Glasply 16' runabout w/ 2-stroke 50hp Mercury O/B
Quiet admirer, and possible future owner, of an Albin 27FC
whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Anacortes Marina, Anacortes, Wa

Post by whwells »

Tim: Thank you for noticing dates and location of NW Pacific Rendevous and passing the word along. Hoping the dates work well for everyone. Last year some had lots of family plans in the Summer months and it was thought a later date would work. The weekend immediately after Labor Day at Port Townsend was fully booked for the annual Wooden Boat Show. Thus we grabbed the next weekend.

Do join us in making contact with any Albin Owner's you meet along the way. There are many more Albin in the NW and we just need to have them know of the group and be invited to participate.

whwells "Howard"
whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Anacortes Marina, Anacortes, Wa

Post by whwells »

Biil W. Although I do not have personal experience with the classics, we have a number in the NW Albin Group who do. If you are going to be in the Wash. area (sounds like some area North of Tri Cities) please do consider coming to the NW Rendevous which is posted under the Rendevous Upcoming Dates Section. in Sept.
You can meet with several 25' & 27' Classic owner's who are sure to be there.
Welcome to AOG and we hope to see you. There is an AOG MEMBER in Yakima (my wife and lived there for 2 years in the distance past) who owned the 25' Classic and is knowledgeable, They at the moment have other than and Albin but remain interested in the group. Will try to send him a private message to be sure he notices your area of interests. His former 25 Albin Classkc is over in the Puget Sound area of NW Wash.
whwells "Howard"
Anacortes, Wa. Home Port'
2006 35te Sportfisher-flybrige

Return to “New Member Introductions”