• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Yanmar 6lp

Engines, Electric, Plumbing, etc.

Moderator: Jeremyvmd

sail410
Gold Member
Gold Member

Yanmar 6lp

Post by sail410 »

Yesterday we had a great sail on Charotte Harbor in SW Florida. When I returned I smelled fuel. Upon opening the engine compartment, I found fuel in the bilge coming from an injector which appears loose near the head. The cap nut is tight, but the injector seems to move sligtly away from the head. Have any of you experienced this and, if so what is the fix? The engine runs ok. I assume an injector either worked loose or broke/cracked, but am not familiar with how they go in. the parts manual doesn't see to help much.
Thanks, Bill
N4QC
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Yanmar 6lp

Post by N4QC »

See that you found the alternative source for good information at Boatdiesel.com.

Had a fuel leak problem on 4LH-DTE at an injector. Main source of the problem was a metal burr on the inside of the flared coupling end of the high pressure fuel line which attaches to the injector. Also, there was a problem with the seat and the heat shield at the tip of the injector.

Don’t know the make up of the injectors for a 6LP. Perhaps removing the injector will give you some insight as to what may be wrong. The assembly manual may be of some help as you take things apart. General purpose diesel repair books show the seat for the injectors being located at the top of the head. In the 4LH-DTE they are located on a shelf down in the injector port…

Hopefully, the problem may be just that the retaining clip nuts have started to work themselves loose. I ended up double nutting these nuts on the injector retaining studs of my engine. Have forgotten what the torque value is...

Good hunting,
Joe
Albin Getaway
"LabTime"

Return to “Albin Maintenance”