• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Walker Airsep

Engines, Electric, Plumbing, etc.

Moderator: Jeremyvmd

Serenity
In Memorium
Home Port: East Islip Anglers, New York

Walker Airsep

Post by Serenity »

Has anyone used any of the Performance air filters from this company

Thanks,
Max
Max
Serenity 98 28TE
East Islip, Long Island, New York
Pitou
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Gloucester, MA

Re: Walker Airsep

Post by Pitou »

I have the AirSep air filter and breather system on my 6BTA. It was installed by Albin at buildout. The filters are custom K&N filters made for Walker and are not available at ther local autoparts store. They recommend that they be cleaned and oiled annually and replaced at 1000 hours. I'm amazed when cruising online boats for sale on Yachtworld and the pictures of the engines show filters that are dirty and gray. If we treat our cars to a new air filter each year ... why not the boat! :roll:

The picture below shows my AirSep and the round black circle in between the sea water aftercooler and the gear cooler is the top of the AirSep breather filter.
CIMG0970 (640x480).jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
kevinS
>><<>>;>

Former Boats:

- 2006 31TE / Hull# 221
Cummins QSC 8.3 / 500 hp
December '13 - April '23

- 2002 / 28TE / Hull# 614
Cummins 6BTA 370 hp / Alaskan Bulkhead
April '04 ~ May '13
Serenity
In Memorium
Home Port: East Islip Anglers, New York

Re: Walker Airsep

Post by Serenity »

Kevin, On my oil analysis by HO Penn, the oil on my Yanmar had traces of NA, aka Sodium, salt and condiment product. They suggest to change the oil every 50 hours. Do you have oil analysis done and if so, are your sodium levels acceptable? The air filter for the Yanmar is $195 and the breather unit is around $800. Oh, when you see Tuna.com, give him a hug for me.
Max
Serenity 98 28TE
East Islip, Long Island, New York

Return to “Albin Maintenance”