• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Defender Marine Warehouse Outlet Store

Not model or forum specific.

Moderators: DougSea, RobS

amber jj
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Turkey Point ont. canada

Defender Marine Warehouse Outlet Store

Post by amber jj »

Can anyone give us some idea what their retail store may be like? Val and I are taking a drive down next week to see what they have.I will likely pick up a hot water heater and a nav light.Sounds a little nutty to drive 9 or 10 hours when we could just have them delivered.But how else can we see what their store is like,besides Val would to do some other shopping along the way.Anyway,just being a little curious and thought I'd throw out a feeler.
jleonard
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Mystic, CT

Re: Defender Marine Warehouse Outlet Store

Post by jleonard »

It's truely a "wharehouse store". They have probably everything in their catalog, most of it out for display. They also have an area of "bargains", mostly obsoleted stuff, but I often find good deals there.
They also have dinghys and engines on display. You can often get a good deal on a display model dinghy (I did 3 years ago).
You can also get some good deals on "oops" cut line, etc.
I could probably give you an aisle by aisle discription of the store as I go there often. Was there 2 weeks ago. :lol:
The bathrooms are clean. Bonus!
Enjoy the ride.
Formerly
1983 40 Albin trunk cabin
Attitude Adjustment
Mystic, CT
amber jj
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by amber jj »

Well after 9 hours 542 miles we drove down the driveway and into the parking lot.My eyes bugged out my head when I seen the size of the building.I sure was not disappointed when entering the door.It was everything Jay said it was.The staff were very helpfull,but not in your face.It was nice just to browse around for a hour and a half or so without having any pressure to buy.It was great to pick up the items We asked for without hearing sorry we don't that item in stock now but we will be able to have here next week.
We left got a hotel room in NewLondon,had a nap then a steak dinner at the Outback and back for a rest.Today we will start on are way back home taking the leisurely route,sight seeing and shopping along the way.
jleonard
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Mystic, CT

Post by jleonard »

I am glad you enjoyed the experience. Hopefully the car is full of "goodies".
Formerly
1983 40 Albin trunk cabin
Attitude Adjustment
Mystic, CT
Veebyes2
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Bermuda

Post by Veebyes2 »

Stopped by there a few times. Once with my 36' 5th wheel RV in tow. Love the place. A bit of West Marine meets old time marine store. Slightly messy. Somewhat dusty but they have all kinds of stuff that you did not know you needed.
1996 A32 'S' Type
Bermuda

1986 A27AC 1986-2000
34' 5th wheel trailer
VP9KL (IRLP node #7995)
Denis
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Denis »

The only thing I can add is that instead of having dinner at Outback, (very good but), you could have dined at Daniel Packer Inn or Azu or any number of other local wonderful places to eat. Then you would have completely enjoyed some of the local treasures that are unique to this area and seen Mystic to boot. Well, next time. Denis
Former Owner of
1994 28'TE
"Red Stripe"
amber jj
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by amber jj »

I,m sure sometime we will be back.We thoroughly enjoyed the trip, but I made it quite a whirlwind tour.It was rush hour then and when I saw a place to sleep and eat within walking distance we just pulled in.Next time we will do some research.Denis thanks for the recommendations.Bob and Val

Return to “General Discussion”