• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Sebago Lake?

Not model or forum specific.

Moderators: DougSea, RobS

glk34
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Mactaquac New Brunswick Canada

Sebago Lake?

Post by glk34 »

Looking into trailering our A25 from New Brunswick to Sebago lake for a week next summer. Does anyone know of charts available for the lake area? Any advice about boating in the lake would be welcome also.

Chris
Iron Jack
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Re: Sebago Lake?

Post by jcollins »

John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
Capt Ron
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Capt Ron »

I spent a couple of vacations there at my brother in law's lake front cabin in the north west corner of the lake. At the time I trailered a 16' tin boat there to fish and play around in. The lake is very populated for a Maine lake. I believe it's about 12 miles long which gives you a lot of room to explore. Frye's leap is a poplular spot watching folks jump off into the lake. The lake has a lot of rocks near the shoreline, so watch out going into coves, etc. The Songo river lock is closed so you're pretty much stuck in the lake. It was nice to go through the lock into Naples and the next lakes from there. You won't be disappointed. If you fish, there are landlocked salmon in the lake which I caught on a high spot (found on a chart) just south of the Songo.
Owner of 28' TE
glk34
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Mactaquac New Brunswick Canada

Post by glk34 »

thanks guys, I will check out the links and report back to the forum if we decide to make the trip. I think at first glance the lake might be a bit small to travel that far to but I will wait for the charts and do a bit more investigating. We are also looking at lake Champlain and the Bra dors in Nova Scotia. So many places eh. I really would like to move up a couple of feet but don't want to lose the trailerability and economy of the A25-

Chris
Iron Jack

Return to “General Discussion”