• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

BONJOUR A TOUS D'UN FRANCAIS EN AMERIQUE

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
champagnardenne
Deckhand
Deckhand
Home Port: Riviera dunes palmetto fl

BONJOUR A TOUS D'UN FRANCAIS EN AMERIQUE

Post by champagnardenne »

Bonjour à tous!
I am French, and living now in Florida, since almost one year. In France, I owned a trawler that I sold, because it was not reasonable to take her to America. My boat was rather old, and even if I loved her, I preferred to sell her in France to a good friend of mine.
I am looking for a boat since I arrived. My first contacts were with Tiara, Pursuit, and so on, and I discovered two points really new for me: first the gas engines (in France 99% of the inboard engines are diesel), second, the planing hulls, obliging you to ride WOT, which I really hate! I love to cruise at 8 to 12, quietly, smoothly, I love to have to time to enjoy the sea, the waves... and when I fish, it is not a competition, it is a pleasure!
I dicovered, a couple of weeks ago, the Albin 32-2 commandbridge (or sportfisher), and the 35. I fell for those boats, efficient, beautiful... and I tried to find a good second-handed one.
Started then the adventure with the brokers... Nice photos, nice bla-bla, and at the end of the day, no result.
I do not know how to find a good Albin, I have not the budget to buy a new one... If somebody can help me or at least advice me, it would be great. For example, best years and best models,engines.... and average price!
As told, I live in Florida. In France, before being retired, I was in the Steel production business. Now I am starting a small business to import champagne in US. Nothing huge, but only the wish of remaining active!
And I am sorry for my poor english. I try to do my best, but I have still a lot to learn!
Hope that my message will bother nobody. I needed to writte it, because I really feel alone, I do not trust the brokers anymore, and I do not know what to do. I love the sea, I love the boats, and I would be proud to own a 32 or 35 commanbridge, no more!
Merci pour votre attention.
Jacques :)
loubennett
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Annapolis, MD

Re: BONJOUR A TOUS D'UN FRANCAIS EN AMERIQUE

Post by loubennett »

A good place to start is a search on Yachtworld. Www.yachtworld.com. I did a quick search and found quite a few Albin 32-35's. Several of them were located in Florida. I'm surprised the broker you contacted couldn't find them. Good luck with your search. I'm sure some of our members with those boats can answer your questions.
Lou Bennett
2002 Albin 28 TE
Quest
Annapolis
champagnardenne
Deckhand
Deckhand

Thank you, Lou.
I searched with Yachtworld... but it is a very huge difference between the nice photos of Yachtworld... and the truth! At least for the 2 Sportfisher I seen. Reason why I am disappointed. I saw one looking very good in RI, but so far than I am afraid to fly north for nothing.
Thank you once more.
Jacques
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Post by jcollins »

Bienvenue à Albin Owners Group! Un avantage d'être un membre ici, c'est que nous avons d'autres membres dans le Rhode Island. Trouvez votre bateau, consultez notre carte des membres, ou postez un message. Je suis sûr que vous trouverez quelqu'un qui pourrait le vérifier, prendre quelques photos et vous donner une idée de l'état avant de vous déplacer vers le nord.

Welcome to Albin Owners Group! One advantage to being a member here is that we have other members in Rhode Island. Find your boat, check our members map, or post a note. I'm sure you will find someone that could check it out, take some pictures and give you an idea of the condition before you travel north.
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
Nancy
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Lake Champlain

Post by Nancy »

Bienvenue, Jacques! Votre anglais est vraiment très bien - beaucoup mieux que mon français!

Ah, the 32+2 Command Bridge - my dream boat! Judging by the low number on Yachtworld, I'm guessing there weren't many made.

We spent several months last winter looking at boats from New York to North Carolina. I learned to ask the brokers or owners whether the boats looked as good as the photos, and asked whether, if the roles were reversed, they would be disappointed when visiting the boats. I also asked for more and current photos. Using these techniques, we didn't have any bad surprises.

Good luck in your search. You might also keep an eye on boattrader.com.
Nancy
2005 Albin 35CB
Yanmar 6LYA-STP 370
Valentine

Former boats
1995 Albin 28TE, Cummins 6BTA5.9 250, 2012-2022
1978 Trojan F32, 1998-2012
1983 Grady White 241 Weekender, 1988-1997
1980 Wellcraft 192 Classic, 1983-1987
champagnardenne
Deckhand
Deckhand

Thank you so much Nancy. I will do that.
BTW, I see a 32+2 command bridge tomorrow afternoon in St Petersburg FL. Year 1999, asking price $119,900. Name is BANANAS, blue hull.
Does anybody know the boat, or already saw her, or even make an offer?
Have a good night
Jacques
Jack
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Essex CT

Post by Jack »

Jacques, bien venue et bon chance. Albin est un tres bon bateau et le Yanmar est magnifique. Il y a http://www.boats.com et beaucoup des autres sites. Cherchez en google et vous n'avez pas de probleme.
Courage,
Jack :lol:
whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Anacortes Marina, Anacortes, Wa

Post by whwells »

Welcome. There is a 35' posted in Flor. The price has come down during the past year. Pictures show it to be on on a lift. It ia a green hull with twins, ac, etc. Try Denison who have the boat listed.
You may also want to contact member Chales Waygood there in Flor. He has a 35te Sportfisher with flybridge. I think he may be lsiting it soon. Now is a good time to contact him.
whwells "Howard"
champagnardenne
Deckhand
Deckhand

ALBIN 27 or 28 for sale in Florida

Bonjour,
A broker called me today to present me an Albin 28 2003, located in Deland, FL.
The add, on Boatrader, presents an ALBIN 28 Tournament Express Flush Deck
The broker on the phone speaks about a 27???
The photos do not correspond to an Flush deck....
The brokers says that the engine has 99 hours.... but the odometer shows more than 400, because somebodt forgot to turn off the key.....
I am really lost now. I am reday to drive 3 hours to see the boat, but I am very anxious!!!!
What would be your advice?
A lot of thanks

Jacques
skipper
Deckhand
Deckhand
Home Port: none

Post by skipper »

I would tell the broker to get his information together.
Left the key on? Really?
Even 400 hours on a 2003 may be considered too low. Diesels are meant to run. Not sit. I wouldn't waste 6 hours of my time on mis-information.
I did take a look at that ad. It is a flush deck.
Last edited by skipper on Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
champagnardenne
Deckhand
Deckhand

thank you Skipper.
I was very surprised, and asked the broker to give me more info. He was only able to tell me that the owner had several boats, rarely used them, is 86 years old, and bla bla.... You can see the ad on boat trader. thank you for the advice.
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Post by jcollins »

The brokers says that the engine has 99 hours.... but the odometer shows more than 400, because somebodt forgot to turn off the key.....
Perhaps there is a mis-understanding here? Does a Yanmar clock start running when the key is turned on?
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
halfmoon
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: EDENTON, NC

Post by halfmoon »

The boat in Deland is a flush deck. When buying a boat the first decision is which make and model you want. Once that is done you can shop the available boats of that model and get the best fit. Advice? Take your time. The search is too educational to hasten. There is a huge difference between a 28 and a 32+2.
champagnardenne
Deckhand
Deckhand

Bonjour,
You are right: the difference seems to be huge. But the problem is that my max budget is $100,000
If I take the forida taxes (6%), the budget to buy the boat is max $95,000.
I think that I have no chance to find a good 32+2 for this price.
For sure, I saw a 1995 one in New Smyrma FL, for $59,500.... but the boat looks really BAD!
For the time bieng, I will drive to the Deland boat with a friend, who is captain, and I will see!
But believe me, my fisrt choice would have been a Command Bridge!
Merci encore etbien cordialement,

Jacques

Return to “New Member Introductions”