• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Reversing Valve Location

Engines, Electric, Plumbing, etc.

Moderator: Jeremyvmd

kjg1951
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Oriental NC

Reversing Valve Location

Post by kjg1951 »

Does anyone have a pic of the Valve { Dennis at mermaid said it looks like a roll of pennys}i am supposed to tap lighty for the reverse valve on a M6 Mermaid ac unit? Or can explain to me where exactly to look for it ... thanks.....
RobS
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Center Moriches, NY

Re: Reversing Valve Location

Post by RobS »

Here is a picture showing the reversing valve on my Webasto unit and a diaglam of a MMA unit
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Rob S.
"TENACIOUS"
1974 Chris Craft 36' Commander Tournament
Cummins 6BTA 330B's

(Former Owner)
"TOY-RIFIC" 2000 28TE, 6LP, Hull 408

Luck is the residue of good design.
kjg1951
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kjg1951 »

Thank you so much ......
mike66
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Warwick, RI

Post by mike66 »

Did you find the valve okay? I have a mermaid unit, but the boat's shrinkwrapped so can't get at it for pics. It's a horizontal tube with I think three coolant lines running into it. Mine's right next to the compressor about halfway up. I had to hit mine with a hammer (not too hard) to get it out of heat mode into cool. Evidently, a spring is supposed to bring the sliding valve back to the cool position as a default; a solenoid pushes it to the heat position when heat is selected. Sometimes the piston can get hung up. Tap it with the AC off, that way there's no circulating coolant to hold the valve. Good luck, mine took a few tries. Now I don't put it in heat mode anymore, just use a small electric unit. Good luck.
Mike and Sue Phillips
Warwick, RI
SUSAN HELENA 1985 40' Trawler
kjg1951
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kjg1951 »

Mike
I cannot find the valve... i think i may have an electric heat .... am going to check the evaporator to see if there are wires coming from it....

Return to “Albin Maintenance”