• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

New Member - Naples, Florida

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
t2bergen
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: Naples, Florida

New Member - Naples, Florida

Post by t2bergen »

Just a quick introduction - I recently bought one of the 26 Tournament Express', upgrading from a 22' center console. Can't wait to get serious about the offshore action in SW Florida - keep an eye out for the Anna Mary. :D
N4QC
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: New Member - Naples, Florida

Post by N4QC »

Bought my 24' Getaway down in Naples and brought her up to Anna Maria Island.

Check out the rendezvous section of this web site. You will find information about the last two years of the Albin rendezvous in your neighborhood - Cape Harbor.

Enjoy,
Joe
Albin Getaway
"LabTime"
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Post by jcollins »

t2bergen wrote:Just a quick introduction - I recently bought one of the 26 Tournament Express', upgrading from a 22' center console. Can't wait to get serious about the offshore action in SW Florida - keep an eye out for the Anna Mary. :D
Welcome to AOG! That's the 8'6" beam correct? What engine do you have it that?
Congratulations on the new boat.
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
t2bergen
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: Naples, Florida

Post by t2bergen »

N4QC - Thanks for the advice on the rendezvous - I am definitely interested!
Jcollins - you are correct on the beam - she was the perfect size for me - I want to trailer her once in a while, have a fixed bridge to get under, and she sits perfectly on the lift. Powered by a 210 HP Volvo Diesel - on the shakedown cruise she was almost the same speed and economy as my center console, and the captain didn't need to recuperate for a couple hours after.
nfiggins
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Crowsnville, MD

Post by nfiggins »

Hello to the Albin Owners in Naples and Fort Myers. I have an Albin TE28 here in Maryland, but spend my winters in Estero, FL. I would love to meet you this winter! My boat is SEA GLASS and she will remain here in Maryland, but I do have a small boat that I keep on the Imperial River in Bonita Springs. Nancy Figgins
tbnolin
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Stuart,FL

Post by tbnolin »

Welcome from the East side of the state!! We're located in Stuart on the St. Lucie River, South Folk. Getting ready for our first full winter in the sunny south. Kind of nice not to have to winterize the boat!!
It's all about relaxation :)

Former owner of a 2006 40' NSC
whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Anacortes Marina, Anacortes, Wa

Post by whwells »

Welcome New Member: Really happy to hear of your purchase of the 26TE. I have been watching the boat for over a year with plans to acquire one. Actually have located one and plan to close the deal when weather allows me to go back east to pick up the boat. Had communicated on a couple in the Flor. Recently one of those closed and assume you are the lucky buyer. Looking forward to speaking with you about your thoughts on the boat and it's performance. The towability is very exciting to me - even over the 28te although there is no hard closed cabin models.
There has been some discussion on boat performance here and there, but none with the personal experince you will acquire.
Can you post a picture for those of us who are excited about these very few 26te models.
You may be aware there are two in NE that have had the 315 Yamar's installed. There are of considerable interests except that I am told used engines were placed in otherwise new boats. May still be okay.
I have a larger boat but seriously want a smaller trailerable boat for local fishing as my Nibbles is a 2 day long drive away from our local World Class Salmon and Bottom fishing for Halibut and Ling Cod.
Let us hear more from you. Conga's on your find.
whwells "Howard"

Return to “New Member Introductions”