• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Rain water under quarter birth 31TE

amber jj
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Turkey Point ont. canada

Rain water under quarter birth 31TE

Post by amber jj »

When we have rain I end up with water along the stringer on the port side where the fresh water pump and accumulator is.Depending on the rainfall I could get 6 To 10 gallons or more.The strange thing is when I wash the boat I get none or very little water there.At first I thought it may have been running down the side deck and spilling over the diversion lip and running in the rod storage door,but after running water down there while rinsing the decks none seemed to migrate to the stringers.If I have time tomorrow Val and I may drive down and put the hose water to different areas.That turns out to be a 130 mile drive, so we do have to find a few hours to do that.I am hoping it is not coming from behind the rub rail,but if it is why does it not show when washing down the decks?
amber jj
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Rain water under quarter birth 31TE

Post by amber jj »

This water issue has turned into a real mystery.It poured rain here yesterday,so I figured we would run down and vacuum out the water and try and find where it was coming in from.Low and behold it was drier than a popcorn f##t.Any other time I have to clean up at least a couple gallons of water.It sure has me scratching my head.
RockHall
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by RockHall »

Could there be a leak in the water line that only occurs when the fresh water pump is on? I had this problem. One of the joints was leaking.
31' TE
Hull # 211
S-Cummins 450
Rock Hall, MD
amber jj
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by amber jj »

No,I don't think so.It seems to only happen during a rain storm.At least until the last storm,it stayed dry.If there is no rain it stays dry,pump off or on.We are supposed to have more rain this weekend,I will see what happens this time.Thanks for the tip.Bob
Albin31ARB
Mate
Mate
Home Port: Aquebogue, NY

Post by Albin31ARB »

I know you said it is definitely not the freshwater pump/system, but wanted to mention that we had the same problem and it was a leaky joint under the sink. The water accumulated in the same spot mentioned.
JIMBO44
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: PORT ST LUCIE FLORIDA

Post by JIMBO44 »

I have a fresh water leak, evidence is water in the quarter berth area, also a newly filled fresh water tank will empty in a day or two. Evidence of water under cushion. Where to check and what to do is my question? Help please.

Jimbo44, Matter of Time, 1994 28TE, Engine Box
JIMBO44
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: PORT ST LUCIE FLORIDA

Re: Rain water under quarter berth 28TE

Post by JIMBO44 »

Aha! Found leaks: Leak one is at joint of lower poly fitting going into fresh water tank, will require loosening and removing fitting and re-seating with proper joint compound (silicone?). Leak two small drip from above the leading edge of the quarter berth cushion. Coming from center hatch or from forward edge of port side sliding glass window. Will need the Admirals help with hose to pinpoint that. Happily, both appear to be easy fixes.

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”