• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

ALBIN31TE Genset

kenapower
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: LONG COVE NEWFOUNDLAND

ALBIN31TE Genset

Post by kenapower »

I am wondering if anyone has information on installation of a genset (make, model, location) on a 2007 31TE.The AC distribution has an allowance for a genset but I am not sure what is the best way to go , fixed or portable.I understand some boats have these permanently installed , but my boat has twin 315 Yanmars and I do not know where space would be available.
zinbaad
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: ALBIN31TE Genset

Post by zinbaad »

On my 31 the Westerbeke Genset was installed permanantly under the storage hatch directly in front of the walk through door on the transom. Previous to the Genset/diesel installation & purchase I bought a small Honda generator for about $1200 which could power the air or other fixtures but the thought of carrying and running a gas genny.. Much cheaper alternative but I was very uncomfortable with the possible dangers, never ran it on board & sold it.. Very happy with the Westerbeke but a bit more broke, lol
"MAHALO"
31 Tournament Edition
Hull#223 oop's
Twin 315's
Baysideanglers.com
amber jj
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Turkey Point ont. canada

Post by amber jj »

Ours is also in the same location as mentioned above.It is a 5 K Northern Lights.We purchased the boat with it already installed.It has 362 hours on it and runs great.If I am not mistaken ,I think it is a Luger diesel
KathyN
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by KathyN »

On our '97 31'TE the 5KW Northern Lights generator is in the same location; just forward of the transom door. When we were boat hunting three years ago, it was a condition that it had a generator, as we agreed that we didn't want to carry gasoline on board.

KathyN
kenapower
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: LONG COVE NEWFOUNDLAND

Post by kenapower »

How heavy is the genset and do you have a noticeable port list?Are any pictures available?
DougSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Safe Harbor - Essex Island Marina, Essex, CT

Post by DougSea »

I took some pictures on Dave and Ann's Hideaweigh last year.

See this post: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=4655&p=27477&hilit= ... igh#p27477
Doug
Sonny IV
2006 35TE Convertible, Volvo D6-370's
Former owner - Sonny III, 1997 28TE with "The BEAST"

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”