• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Adding air to boat ?

jsa3107
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Maine

Adding air to boat ?

Post by jsa3107 »

Cost to add Air to a 2002
Again we are looking at 28' model and I we would like air for when we are at the dock
Any guess on the cost ?
Will a 30 amp power source run it?

Thanks For any help....
loubennett
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Annapolis, MD

Re: Adding air to boat ?

Post by loubennett »

My guess about $7500 to have it done. The A/C unit is about $2500. The rest is for the sea water pump, ducts, wiring and installation. Several members have done it themselves. It's a pretty big job, but doable if your handy. The existing 30 amp shore power is plenty to operate it and the other normal AC loads.
Lou Bennett
2002 Albin 28 TE
Quest
Annapolis
RobS
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Center Moriches, NY

Post by RobS »

In 2009 my DIY Webasto 9k rev cycle unit cost me ~ $1,100 thanks to Defender giving me the Miami boat show price on the web. Overall cost was under $2K with pump, hoses, strainer, etc... its keeping me comfy right now, brrrrrr
Rob S.
"TENACIOUS"
1974 Chris Craft 36' Commander Tournament
Cummins 6BTA 330B's

(Former Owner)
"TOY-RIFIC" 2000 28TE, 6LP, Hull 408

Luck is the residue of good design.
Old School
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: NY,NY

Post by Old School »

RobS wrote:In 2009 my DIY Webasto 9k rev cycle unit cost me ~ $1,100 thanks to Defender giving me the Miami boat show price on the web. Overall cost was under $2K with pump, hoses, strainer, etc... its keeping me comfy right now, brrrrrr
Yep Rob, I did a Dometic 10k btu reverse cycle for about $2k and about 16 manhours.

If you're handy you can do the install. I like the Dometic because the rated BTU is actually a truer 10k BTU and it is 410a gas. I'm not sure what gas the Webasco unit is.

I made no additional thru hull penetrations BTW.
Bidgood
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Pelican Isle, Florida

Post by Bidgood »

I use a Cruise Air drop iin at the dock in the cabin. Bought it for $400 on Craigs list and it has run continously in Florida for two years. We take it with us on all our cruises. It will run off of the inverter (2 8D Batteries) for 5 hours with out a hitch. Might be a short term fix for you this summer until you decide.
Blessed are the flexible, for they shall not be bent out of shape.

Albin 30 FC
Hull # "0"
Capt Ron
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Capt Ron »

I've got even a shorter/cheaper term fix. I (I mean my wife, I don't mind the heat) picked up a $99, 5,000 BTU window unit which sits very nicely on the engine box. The port and starboard drop curtains go all the way to the deck and the center curtain is rolled up and rests on top of the unit. It cools the helm and down below very well. The drawback is moving it around and storing it while under way.
Owner of 28' TE
jsa3107
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Maine

Post by jsa3107 »

Capt Ron wrote:I've got even a shorter/cheaper term fix. I (I mean my wife, I don't mind the heat) picked up a $99, 5,000 BTU window unit which sits very nicely on the engine box. The port and starboard drop curtains go all the way to the deck and the center curtain is rolled up and rests on top of the unit. It cools the helm and down below very well. The drawback is moving it around and storing it while under way.

Would you have a picture of this?

Thanks Mark
Capt Ron
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Capt Ron »

I'll see about the photo this weekend but It looks just as it sounds. Regular window unit sitting on the engine box sticking out from under the center curtain. My one friend on the dock who has built in A/C, jokingly, calls me trailer trash.
Owner of 28' TE

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”