• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Add a Mate Seat to 28 Newport

Bill R
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Toronto

Add a Mate Seat to 28 Newport

Post by Bill R »

Hi Everyone.

New member. First post.

Just sold our sailboat and looking for a 2005 or newer Newport 28. Most seem to come without the mate seat but sitting on the L settee won't do for my mate. Has anyone had any experience with adding a mate seat? Can it be done by a person with average skills? Haven't seen a Newport first hand- what is the headliner under the port seat in the quarter berth?

This forum has been a great source of information in helping us make our buying decision. Thanks. I think we will have one of the first 28's in Toronto.

Cheers, Bill
rellwood
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: St Catharines Ontario

Re: Add a Mate Seat to 28 Newport

Post by rellwood »

Hi Bill
Civic holiday weekend just returned from Toronto Island with our 2002 28TE, great weekend even though it rained and rained. Our home port is St Catharines. I am an ex sailor and am very pleased with the 28. Maybe someday we will have enough interest and boats in Lake Ontario & north to have a rendezvous. Good luck on your search.
Bob
lpbp
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Add a Mate Seat to 28 Newport

Post by lpbp »

The Ontario clan is growing ,,, There are 2 of us in Long Point Bay on Lake Erie

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”