• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
meander
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: annapolis

Post by meander »

Hello, my name is eric and I am not currently an owner but am considering a 'trawler' as only my second powerboat. My first was a 14' runabout at the age of 12, many, many years ago. I have, however, owned a number of sailboats and currently own an Allied Seawind II based in the Annapolis area.

I have any number of questions but will search for the appropriate forums for such.

For now,
eric
DougSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Safe Harbor - Essex Island Marina, Essex, CT

Re: New member

Post by DougSea »

Hi Eric, welcome!

You may want to post your questions in the "general discussion" forum to start. If you go straight to the trawler section you may miss out on some members of TE's and CB's that have owned trawlers and sailboats. You can always narrow it down latter!

So, fire away! :)
Doug
Sonny IV
2006 35TE Convertible, Volvo D6-370's
Former owner - Sonny III, 1997 28TE with "The BEAST"
kathylsails
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: New Bern, NC

Post by kathylsails »

Welcome! We are former sailors, too. May you find the ideal trawler!
"KP Duty" Albin 30 FC
jbutzer

Post by jbutzer »

There are in excess of 1,000 Albin 28's out there in varying condition such that you should be able to find exactly what you want. A friend bought one new in '99 and puts 5-600hrs/yr (yes) on his, mostly fishing on the Pacific side of Panama. I ended-up buying a '94 32' Sportfish in 2004, and have put 1,100 hrs on a Yanmar 370hp, which was a re-power. While we all love our boats, Albins really are great boats. Way different than anything else. Good Luck!
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Post by jcollins »

meander wrote:Hello, my name is eric and I am not currently an owner but am considering a 'trawler' as only my second powerboat. My first was a 14' runabout at the age of 12, many, many years ago. I have, however, owned a number of sailboats and currently own an Allied Seawind II based in the Annapolis area.

I have any number of questions but will search for the appropriate forums for such.

For now,
eric
Welcome to AOG! We have quite a few members in the Annapolis area and many are former sail boaters.
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"

Return to “New Member Introductions”