• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

New Seats

rcornejo
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Rockport, Texas

New Seats

Post by rcornejo »

Good Evening Everyone:

Having a bad back, I decided to upgrade my seats to the Lebroc Tradewind Series II seats. If you do not have these, you need to get some. They are the most comfortable seats available. Since I travel at least 2 hours to our fishing grounds, these seats saves my back.

Here are a few pictures of them. If you have any questions on the seats, let me know. They fit my 28 very well. However, I still need to figure out how they swivel. If anyone knows, please let me know. The manufacture states that I simply need to press the handle down and they will swivel. However, I have tried that and it does not. Minor problem to fix.

Roland
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Roland Cornejo
Goin Deeper
1997 28 TE
DougSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Safe Harbor - Essex Island Marina, Essex, CT

Re: New Seats

Post by DougSea »

Those look great Roland! I'm jealous! :-)
Doug
Sonny IV
2006 35TE Convertible, Volvo D6-370's
Former owner - Sonny III, 1997 28TE with "The BEAST"
rcornejo
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by rcornejo »

Hi Doug,

Nice to hear from you. Thanks. I really like the seats. They help my back so much especially when the seas are tough. The seats are made of synthetic leather which makes them very soft and comfortable. They are also very good for marine use. I hope they prove to be durable.

How is Sonny IV? Any news?

Roland
Roland Cornejo
Goin Deeper
1997 28 TE
DougSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Safe Harbor - Essex Island Marina, Essex, CT

Post by DougSea »

No real news yet. I'm headed to the marina where she's laid up to discuss next steps. Good news is that the insurance company is now involved. What they're telling me so far is they can't confirm coverage BUT because the engine has to come out to be evaluated they WILL cover the removal and diagnostic charges. Since every little bit helps that came as welcome news.

Can you post some more details on the seats? Model, options and such? I had looked at them once in the past, along with Stidd, but there are so many options! So what you have and what you think of them (options) would be really helpful.
Doug
Sonny IV
2006 35TE Convertible, Volvo D6-370's
Former owner - Sonny III, 1997 28TE with "The BEAST"
rcornejo
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by rcornejo »

Hi Doug,

Here is the link for the seats. http://pilotchair.com/cat-series-2-chairs.cfm. I bought the Tradewinds Series 2 seats without the flip up option. I also went with the low back option given the size of my boat. The highback would be nice with a bigger boat. I also got the lumbar support for an extra $75.00 Given my bad back, that was a no brainer for me. They also have heated seats which I did not think were worth the extra money. I also decided to go with another base since the seat is about 9" thick. The old base would put my seat too high. I went with the low profile slider.

Overall, I am very happy with them. It is like seating in a lazyboy. Since I have to travel at least two hours to get to the fishing grounds, they are really nice to have especially on rough seas. They are very expensive but as a business I get to deduct them on my taxes.

I am happy to hear that your insurance company is getting involved. I am sure that will be very expensive to remove that engine. I can't believe that you may have to remove the galley and door! Wow. It would kill me to see that beautiful floor and boat have to be dismantled! I wish I could help you. If I lived near you, I would help you with it.

Blessings,
Roland
Roland Cornejo
Goin Deeper
1997 28 TE

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”