• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Thru Hull Mystery

Engines, Electric, Plumbing, etc.

Moderator: Jeremyvmd

Chris & Dale

Thru Hull Mystery

Post by Chris & Dale »

As you can see from the diversity of posts so far, I have a number of projects I'm pursuing for Steel Hers. The next, and properly most important, is the installation of the live-well pump, plumbing, and wiring. Since the previous owner told me he'd not had a live-well I went to the Tech Specs and saw where there was to be 2 thru-hulls in the aft-stern under that hatch. Imagine my surprise when I opened it and found NO thru-hulls. There is a big green square on the hull (which seems to mark thru-hull locations). I did in fact find the wiring for both pumps active to the switches on the dash. Here's the mystery.....there is a thru-hull in the bilge area just forward of the engine and directly opposite of the A/C intake thru-hull. Does anyone else have this arrangement? It will be the source for my live well pump and is operational, and I have no intent of putting another hole in her hull when there is one. Just Curious! Thanks

Return to “Albin Maintenance”