• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Fuel filter o-ring?

Engines, Electric, Plumbing, etc.

Moderator: Jeremyvmd

jms02050
Gold Member
Gold Member

Fuel filter o-ring?

Post by jms02050 »

Changed out the fuel filter on my Yanmar 6LP. Fired up the engine and all was well... until I looked in the empty fuel filter box and noticed an o-ring. I assume it goes on the filter, between the filter and the water sensor that threads onto the bottom. But I definitely don't recall seeing an o ring when I took the sensor off. It's possible that it had been left off in the past.

The question is... do I need that o ring on the bottom of the filter? It's not leaking and the engine is running well. Hoping it's a throw in for different engine set ups.

Thx.
Jim S.
2003 28 TE - Full Circle
Carl
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Oxford, MD

Re: Fuel filter o-ring?

Post by Carl »

If you go to the document Library and look this up in the manual, you will see that the O ring goes onto the sensor that screws up into the new filter. Chances are, your old O ring remained on the sensor when you put it back on. Next time you change it, you now know to look for it, and replace it.
28TE "Kozy L"
"How U Albin"

Return to “Albin Maintenance”