• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Not an owner yet, but...

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
swampbeaver
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: Hilton Head SC

Not an owner yet, but...

Post by swampbeaver »

Hi to all Albin owners. I have recently retired and am looking for the right boat for cruising and offshore fishing. The 28 Albin seems to be a very good choice, but I have never been on one.
I live in Hilton Head, SC and would like to know if there is anyone with an Albin in the Southeast that would be willing to let me come fishing with them. I would be happy to pay for expenses. I know it is forward to ask, but I don't know how else to experience the boat before I purchase.

Thanks!
mudskipper
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Not an owner yet, but...

Post by mudskipper »

Good day my beaver buddy. You are at the right spot to get information and most likely an invite from one the friendly Albin folks. I know that you mentioned a 28 fishing model, however a boat popped up at my marina in Oceanport NJ that I thought I would mention as a point of interest to you and the other Albanians. The famous North Sea 40 fast trawler built, but never bought appeared 5 boats down from my 1988 40 foot slow sun deck botel trawler. I know nobody wanted it at the price they wanted, but the current "owner" is an inetresting fellow Charlie a liquidator. I think the boat will go cheap as he told me if someone offers 5 bucks more than he has in it he will sell it. If you want to know more give me a toot. Jay on Aquarius
joe.baar
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Everett, WA

Post by joe.baar »

Shouldn't that be "Albinians"? I just don't know...
(former owners)
Joe Baar and Suzanne Lammers
1995 28TE "Liberty" 6LPA hull# 132
Ballard
whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Anacortes Marina, Anacortes, Wa

Post by whwells »

Welcome: Yes, it seems to me a majority of the new Albin owner's have gone for the 28' Lots of reasons including a great fisher, boatng, and perhaps a high light towable. However, the unsold 40' sounds like something to look at. Best of Luck in your search.
whwells "Howard"

Return to “New Member Introductions”