• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

New member intro- NJ

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
loritnj
Deckhand
Deckhand
Home Port: Barnegat Bay, NJ

New member intro- NJ

Post by loritnj »

Hi All,

For the past 15 years I have been sailing on Barnegat Bay, NJ, starting with a sunfish and for the last several years with a Catalina 27. I am now considering trawler type vessels and the A27 appears to have qualities I am looking for- attractive lines, roomy, solid and affordable.

The A27 draft seems to be the perfect for my shallow bay, but not having ever seen one (or else just blinded by sails) I'm planning a road trip to the Md/VA area in the very near future to look at a few on sale at Yachtworld to get a feel for it.

If there are any A27 owners out there in my area who would like to show me around their vessel (I'm leaning towards the FC), I'd be happy to provide lunch for the tour.

In the meantime, I'll continue to explore this forum and enjoy all the great photos and comments, and if any are coming up for sale on the east coast, feel free to let me know.

Thanks!

Lori
kathylsails
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: New Bern, NC

Re: New member intro- NJ

Post by kathylsails »

We are sailors who started with a Catalina 27 and just recently sold our Island Packet 27. The Albin FC 30 was a great next step for us and we could not be happier with our choice! The 27 is somewhat smaller but would no doubt be more comfy than the Catalina since there is an aft cabin. Good luck in your search!
"KP Duty" Albin 30 FC
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Re: New member intro- NJ

Post by jcollins »

Sounds like an Albin is a natural transistion from the Catalina. Welcome to AOG.
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"

Return to “New Member Introductions”