• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

new member introduction

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
Spfoster
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Lake Champlain

new member introduction

Post by Spfoster »

Greetings fellow AOG members. I recently purchased a 2004 28TE (flush deck) with about 500 engine hours. I plan to cruise mainly Lake Champlain, though I hope to convince my mate to venture north into the Richelieu and St. Lawrence Rivers and south into the Champlain Canal and Hudson River. I really don't know if this boat is going to be big enough for living aboard more than three or four days in a row. All depends on how many days we get without rain. I have boated Lake Champlain most of my 60+ years and I'm looking forward to overnighting in some favorite spots - once I get everything ship shape.
Steve Foster
Snow Goose
special k
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: mystic

Re: new member introduction

Post by special k »

steve, my wife and i are into our third season with our 2002 engine box and we find it to be a comfortable boat for a couple. we never did an extended trip however we have stayed aboard for 4-5 days at a time on mini vacations. the pilot house is a great extention to the living space while on the hook or at a dock. only creature comfort complaint is the small holding tank with our vac-u-flush head. we get to know the pump out boat pretty well during our stays at block island or the vineyard. while not touring we fish pretty hard inshore waters with occasional offshore trips limited only to my fuel capacity. overall it's a keeper.

great seaworthy boat deserving of all my confidence, good luck with yours!

cheers cap'n mick
Nancy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Nancy »

Hi Steve -

Welcome aboard!

I looked at Snow Goose in October - beautiful boat! We ended up with a 1995 28TE in Virginia. We had it trucked up in late April, and we launched a week ago today. We're doing lots of cleaning and some repairs--all minor and mostly related to being a saltwater boat--and are figuring out how to dock this little beast! It's a challenge coming from a twin screw. I've only tried the bow thruster once, and I'm not impressed.

We're scratching our heads over the tiny holding tank. Haven't fully studied it yet to figure out if there's any chance of getting something larger in there.

We're based in Malletts Bay. We'll keep an eye out for you in case you head north. Valcour maybe?
Nancy
2005 Albin 35CB
Yanmar 6LYA-STP 370
Valentine

Former boats
1995 Albin 28TE, Cummins 6BTA5.9 250, 2012-2022
1978 Trojan F32, 1998-2012
1983 Grady White 241 Weekender, 1988-1997
1980 Wellcraft 192 Classic, 1983-1987
Spfoster
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Spfoster »

Hi Nancy,
Thanks for the message. I've been following the posts responding to your holding tank query and am both sympathetic and curious as to what you decide to do. We'll be looking for you as well - kindly advise name of your boat and hull color.
Thanks,
Steve
Nancy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Nancy »

Hi Steve -

We haven't named the boat yet, but we removed the old name, so the transom is bare for the moment. The hull is white, and we have a black bimini that extends to the stern when it's not folded up. Right now, it's still in the cabin, but I imagine we'll install it soon...right after we clean the radar arch and re-mount the dome.

I'll send you an email with contact information.
Nancy
2005 Albin 35CB
Yanmar 6LYA-STP 370
Valentine

Former boats
1995 Albin 28TE, Cummins 6BTA5.9 250, 2012-2022
1978 Trojan F32, 1998-2012
1983 Grady White 241 Weekender, 1988-1997
1980 Wellcraft 192 Classic, 1983-1987
whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Anacortes Marina, Anacortes, Wa

Post by whwells »

Spfoster: Steve congra on a fine boat and very low hours. Should provide you with lots of enjoyment tthrough your boating years. Others seem to have seen your boat and also fine it is be in great condition. Always nice when the biggest job is to clean, wax & get ready to enjoy.
Wish you a great first summer. This is my first year to use Nibbles and you got to love the Albin's.

whwells "Howard"
2006 35te Sportfisher/Conv.
Anacortes, Wa.

Return to “New Member Introductions”