• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Moving On

Not model or forum specific.

Moderators: DougSea, RobS

chiefrcd
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Deltaville, VA

Moving On

Post by chiefrcd »

Well, I never thought I'd be writing this, but Candy and I have sold Southwind to a great couple who will hopefully join this wonderful group if they haven't already. Southwind was our dream and we lived it for almost 8 years. She is a great vessel and we have really enjoyed our time on the Bay. But, life has its twist and turns and we must follow those paths. It has been a honor to be a member of this group and to have once owned one of the finest boats ever made. I wish you all happy and safe boating and I leave you with the following:

Albin 28TE "Southwind"
RobS
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Center Moriches, NY

Re: Moving On

Post by RobS »

That is one lucky buyer, for sure.

Well please don't "unsubscribe" !

Good for you. That expression of the 2 happiest days of boat ownership does not apply here at AOG, I feel we all enjoy and take pride in our boats too much and there is no "happiness" in the sale, it's just a closing of a chapter.
Rob S.
"TENACIOUS"
1974 Chris Craft 36' Commander Tournament
Cummins 6BTA 330B's

(Former Owner)
"TOY-RIFIC" 2000 28TE, 6LP, Hull 408

Luck is the residue of good design.
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Post by jcollins »

It has been a honor to be a member of this group
Tiny,
The honor is ours. It is sad to see some of our original members sell the boat and move on. Sharon and I met you and Candy in 2007. We had a great time at that rendezvous. Thank you for being part of our lives and your posts about "fishin". Your post - Chief's Winterization List will live on for years and has provided our newer members good information.
Stop in once in awhile and let us know how you are doing.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
tbnolin
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Stuart,FL

Post by tbnolin »

RobS wrote:That is one lucky buyer, for sure.

Well please don't "unsubscribe" !

Good for you.
That expression of the 2 happiest days of boat ownership does not apply here
at AOG, I feel we all enjoy and take pride in our boats too much and there is no "happiness" in the sale, it's just a closing of a chapter.
I totally agree....it saddened us to realize that we just won't be using our boat like we have the past few years....so to make the decision to sell, well, it was not a happy day... But she does need a new home.

So, please do stick around and drop us a line every so often. Good luck on the new paths in front of you!
It's all about relaxation :)

Former owner of a 2006 40' NSC
Veebyes2
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Bermuda

Post by Veebyes2 »

So, where do you go from here. Didn't see anything about a replacement boat. You are not crossing boatings dark side like us to RVing are you? Whatever, keep in touch here. We still have our Albin, unused since 2006, but we are not ready to let go. Still have plans for a major refurb next winter. You can't just stop seawater from flowing through you.
1996 A32 'S' Type
Bermuda

1986 A27AC 1986-2000
34' 5th wheel trailer
VP9KL (IRLP node #7995)
Pitou
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Gloucester, MA

Post by Pitou »

Chief, Thanks for your past participation, advice and overall sharing. It was great having you aboard.
kevinS
>><<>>;>

Former Boats:

- 2006 31TE / Hull# 221
Cummins QSC 8.3 / 500 hp
December '13 - April '23

- 2002 / 28TE / Hull# 614
Cummins 6BTA 370 hp / Alaskan Bulkhead
April '04 ~ May '13
Denis
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Denis »

Chief, I know the decision must have been a difficult one for you to sell. I sold my best boat last August and it has been difficult this spring for sure. I hope that you have something that will distract your thoughts of being on the water, it's a bitter sweet pill for sure.
Good luck and fair winds. Denis
Former Owner of
1994 28'TE
"Red Stripe"

Return to “General Discussion”