• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Greetings from Albin 27 "Tahoma"

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
Tahoma
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Great Loop

Greetings from Albin 27 "Tahoma"

Post by Tahoma »

We live in Washington State and have cruised the west coast from Alaska to Mexico and even Hawaii on our 36' sailboat. A while back we decided to cruise the eastern part of the country as well. Our first plan for the "Great Loop" was to take our sailboat through the Panama Canal around to the east coast, but some research revealed that she was too deep and too tall.

After some research we decided an Albin 27 was a good choice for us.

In 2008 we bought our Albin 27, "Tahoma," in Maryland and spent some time making her right for us and cruising a bit of Chesapeake Bay to sort out the boat.

In the summer or 2009 our daughter got married in San Francisco and we never made it east.

In 2010 we did our first short installment on the loop. We headed north, turned west on the Erie Canal and put "Tahoma" on a rack at Winter Harbor in Brewerton, NY.

Last spring we were in the next lock on the second day it was open and proceeded to Oswego, up thru 1000 Islands, checked into Canada at Rockport and headed west to Trenton, went through the Trent-Severn and again put the boat on the hard in Penetanguishene.

In 2012 we cruised through Georgian Bay, the North Channel and down Lake Michigan (where I sailed as a youth) to Waukegan, a bit north of Chicago. She spent the year shrink-wrapped at the boatyard where I worked as a teenager), and this month (September 2013) we are headed through Chicago and down the Illinois, Mississippi and Tennessee Rivers.

We’re feeling like the Albin 27 was a great choice for what we’re doing and continue cruising at home on our sailboat.

We've been on the Albin Cruisers site since the beginning and Howard said we needed to be here too.

OK Howard, we're on!
Last edited by Tahoma on Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DougSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Safe Harbor - Essex Island Marina, Essex, CT

Re: Greetings from Albin 27 "Tahoma"

Post by DougSea »

Welcome aboard! Thanks for sharing the glimpse of your Loop excursion, I'm looking forward to hearing more (We have a whole sub-section dedicated to cruising that could use a few more entries - hint, hint...)

Best,
Doug
Sonny IV
2006 35TE Convertible, Volvo D6-370's
Former owner - Sonny III, 1997 28TE with "The BEAST"
whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Anacortes Marina, Anacortes, Wa

Re: Greetings from Albin 27 "Tahoma"

Post by whwells »

Welcome Jim & Margaret. Happy you made the jump in. You two will be a fine addition to this exciting group and well likely the only ones with both Western & Eastern connection. We look forward to seeing you both at the NW Renedevous. Yes, you are on the list. Dave our leader is advised you may just drive up rather than bring the sail boat. Either way there will be fun & excitement.
whwells "Howard"
Anacortes,. Wa

Return to “New Member Introductions”