• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Just bought my first boat--Albin 25 Deluxe

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
PeteSharp
Mate
Mate
Home Port: Bellingham, WA (Squalicum Marina)

Just bought my first boat--Albin 25 Deluxe

Post by PeteSharp »

Hi all, I could not be more excited about my Albin 25 Deluxe I just bought--Summer Song--from Don Lindstrom in Anacortes, WA. I've never owned a boat before. I just finished grad school and instead of a new car as many people buy with newfound jobs, an old boat sounded more fun. She's a 1973 with the hardtop (with telltale signs of a previous life as a motorsailor). Don and I just motored her up to Bellingham's Squalicum Harbor. And I'm now getting off my computer so I can go down there. I'll certainly be asking questions and advice on the Albin 25 forum.
dkircher
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Bremerton Yacht Club, Bremerton, WA USA

Re: Just bought my first boat--Albin 25 Deluxe

Post by dkircher »

Pete,

Welcome to the Albin Owners Group. I know you'll enjoy that Albin 25!

Please consider joining us for the 2012 Pacific Northwest Albin Rendezvous this July. It would be great to see you and your new boat. In the meantime, I hope you'll post some pictures.

Dave
Dave
Former 28 TE Owner
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Post by jcollins »

Pete,
Welcome! This is nothing like your first. Ask away. You will have questions. Hopefully we'll supply some good answers. Make the trip to the rendezvous Dave mentioned. You won't regret it.
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
PeteSharp
Mate
Mate
Home Port: Bellingham, WA (Squalicum Marina)

Post by PeteSharp »

Thank you. Actually I should be able to make it down there that weekend. It's just a short 3-hour trip. I'll figure out how to post pics. Pete
Bo Pop Pop
Mate
Mate
Home Port: Lake Washington, WA

Post by Bo Pop Pop »

Welcome Pete - happy to receive a new local A-25 owner to the group!

I became a small Albin mowner last fall with the purchase of a well-found 1970 version berthed at Deception Pass Marina. Like you - we're at the doorstep to the San Juan's, just an hour or two run to the worlds best cruising grounds.

As Dave mentioned, please do consider joining us at the Pac-NW Rendezvous in July - it promises to be a fun time. I was just in Anacortes yesterday after accompanying Howard W. aboard 'Nibbles' up in the San Juan's for an enjoyable shakedown cruise aboard his A-35T. My appetite was sure whetted to get back to some of those delightful anchorages - VERY SOON!

Hope to meet up sometime soon to share info about A-25's - I also welcome any newbie questions you might have about the boat - I still consider myself in that stage as well.

Pat M.
PaSha
It's always easier to stay found than to get un-lost.
whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Anacortes Marina, Anacortes, Wa

Post by whwells »

Pete: Let me join the others in welcoming you aboard with the new 25' Classic. We were aware that a 25' was around Anacortes forsale. We were actually looking around for it to encourage the owner's attendance at the July Cap Santer Rendevous. I see our leader Dave has already gotten the word out to you.

It will be great to have you there with the other Albin Owner's. There maybe both 25' and 27' Classic's to share idea's with you. Pat is an experienced nagivator as I learned this past week and will be helpful to you.
We all will share all we can and enjoy the company of those attending.

If you are down I am at Anacortes Marina

W. Howard Wels
35 Albin TE 2006
Nibbles

Return to “New Member Introductions”