• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

New Albin 25 Member

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
usatronder
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: None

New Albin 25 Member

Post by usatronder »

Hello all, I recently purchased an Albin 25 motor sailor PROJECT with trailer. The boat had been sitting on land exposed to the weather for many years. The previous owner had purchased the boat and began renovation by removing the engine and much of the woodwork in the forward cabin. He saved all the pieces he removed so I have a pattern for those I cannot salvage. The engine came with the boat (AD 21) but I have been researching and find that the engine is being replaced in many of the 25's with a larger engine in the 30 to 40 hp range. I am looking forward to meeting and talking with other Albin owners in my boating restoration and cruising adventures.

Regards,
Paul
whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Anacortes Marina, Anacortes, Wa

Re: New Albin 25 Member

Post by whwells »

Hi Paul & Welcome to AOG. You will find it to be great bunch of people and very willing to share. Understand you are out of the water. Restoration is a big job but lots of fun and reward when you have the time.
Where are you located? Place a picture up for all to see your beginning and we will follow along until your completion. Congradulations and enjoy.
whwells "Howard"
2006 3TE Sportfisher/Conv.
Anacortes, Wa.
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Post by jcollins »

Paul,
I always envy those that have the time, patience, and expertise to take on a project boat. Good luck with the restoration.
Welcome to Albin Owners Group.
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
Dicksonf
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Apollo Beach, Fl

Post by Dicksonf »

Hi Paul,

I also own a Albin 25 with Volvo MD17C engine. I am located in Florida. Good luck with your project.

Regards,

DicksonF

Return to “New Member Introductions”