• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

correct prop for albin 28te

fsantora
Deckhand
Deckhand

correct prop for albin 28te

Post by fsantora »

Can anyone direct me as to the right prop size for my 28' TE, 315 penninsular engine and currently have a a 3 blade 18-19 l/h left hand cupped. Want to go to a four bladed prop for increase speed on cruise. thanks :
Cape Codder
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: correct prop for albin 28te

Post by Cape Codder »

You might try consulting H&H propeller.
http://www.hhprop.com/
They were used by Albin, and are considered experts here in the Northeast.

Good luck,
Bob
2003 Albin 28 TE
Santosha
fsantora
Deckhand
Deckhand

Post by fsantora »

Thanks for the info,run my "Sluggo" at 2700 rpm cruise at 16 knots. Looking for higher cruise ,thinking of a 4 blade prop. Any thoughts on this?
Cape Codder
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Cape Codder »

More than likely, H&H would like to see a full range of rpm's, and the speeds attained. Also, they will definetly want to see your top rpm, and it's speed, compared to the max redline of your engine model.
If you are maximizing your rpm's with your current prop, they might know how to maximize speed/efficiency by changing blade count, or cupping etc.
If you are not maximizing your rpm's with your current prop, there is a chance of them improving efficiency and getting a better cruise, and better fuel economy by replacing prop with different diameter and/or pitch.
The more accurate info you can furnish them, the better they can help you.

In addition, they probably know what works best on your model Albin and engine based upon their history with Albins.
Bob
2003 Albin 28 TE
Santosha
sweetwater
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Oakdale

Post by sweetwater »

I was wonderinng why I see so many different props on our 28s on this forum. Mine came factory with a 19 x 19 4 blade. I was a little low on RPMs this season and the prop shop found too much cup in 3 of the 4 blades. Hoping to get 200 rpm back with this fix. I will see how it goes. But it looks like we have 19x19, 18x18 and 18x17.. any thoughts?
Capt Paul
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Capt Paul »

Lots of factors go into sizing the prop and fine tuning it , engine horse power, engine WOT RPM and transmission type/ratio are some of the other factors that need to be looked at as well. No expert at this but when talking to local prop houses this is typical info they ask for.

Paul
1999 Albin 28 TE "Antoinette"

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”