• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

glendenning synchronizer

Engines, Electric, Plumbing, etc.

Moderator: Jeremyvmd

erice
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: n. kingstown ri

glendenning synchronizer

Post by erice »

i have a 1989 sabreline purchased last year. it has a glendenning synchronizer, but i cannot find the on/off switch. on a previous boat, there was a switch on the bridge, but i don't see any spot for it on the bridge. i've looked inside the lower station & found 2 switches tucked inside, but am not sure if either of these are for the synchronizer. anything i should be looking for???
Capt Kangeroo
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Great Lakes, Canada

Re: glendenning synchronizer

Post by Capt Kangeroo »

Hi Eric, I have an 89 Glendenning Sync on mine and the unit is switched on by either the upper helm or lower helm control module, there is no secondary power switch. I wouldn't think the switches inside the helm are relevant as it would not make sense to put a power switch there. Note that you can still download the full manual from Glendenning on their website. Just google it & will come up. Find the power wire to the lower helm module and follow it back, this should lead you to the power source.
Cheers

Return to “Albin Maintenance”