• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

fuel tank moved forward about 4 inches

Engines, Electric, Plumbing, etc.

Moderator: Jeremyvmd

Joe in Hollywood

fuel tank moved forward about 4 inches

Post by Joe in Hollywood »

I have 2006 family crusier with about 125 hours and my two fuel tanks have (slipped) moved forward about 4 inches. I need to move them back and replace the green hose that was put on my boat at the factory by mistake and replace the hose with fuel friendly hose. I wonder if any other owners have had this problem. Some think if I put too much pressure to move the tanks backward about four inches the plastic might crack. Please contact me at 765 284 0000. Thanks for any help you might give me.
C lectric
Mate
Mate
Home Port: N/A

Re: fuel tank moved forward about 4 inches

Post by C lectric »

The fuel should be removed from the tanks before you try to move them. They may crack or not but why take the chance. Empty or near empty they should be relatively easy to move

A real question is why they moved. Likely the fuel in the tanks slopping around caused them to move. Not good. That says they are not secure at all.
How are they secured? There should be some heavy tabs secured to the hull , or a curb to keep them in place. Straps over the top will help hold them down but cannot be relied on for the total job.

Return to “Albin Maintenance”