• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

The Loop

Not model or forum specific.

Moderators: DougSea, RobS

voyages
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: St-Charles RIchelieu, Qc

The Loop

Post by voyages »

Hello everyone, I just purchased a 2002 28TE back in september. The boat was originly named Brenda B Good owned by a John Arnold, then sold to Keith Mortensen and renamed Ebitda. Does anyone out there know this boat and have any comments about it. It is in excellent condition,only has 525 hours on it, looks almost new but the only thing that worries me a little is the fact that it was out of the water for the last 2 seasons (the owner having 2 boats, the other a 42ft).
I keep reading about owners about to go and do the loop itinerary, I'm curious to know what exactly is the loop?
I count on doing to seasons of fishing on lake Ontario out of Cobourg and then when I retire I want to go through Lake Champlain, Hudson river, down the east coast to FLorida then across to Coumel and Puerto Aventuras, The following year make my way through the Panama canal and up to Puerto Vallarta. Following year up to Vancouver and the last year of my 5 year journey will be Alaska and back to Vancouver where I would sell the boat and fly home to Montreal.
Isn't it nice to dream!!!
Happy holidays to all!
Denis Quenneville
"THAT'S AMORE!
Montreal
ScubaPete
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Seaford, Virginia

Re: The Loop

Post by ScubaPete »

The "Loop" is a long boat trip!!! It takes you around the eastern half of the United States, from your Great Lakes, through Chicago, down the Mississippi and/or Tennessee Rivers, along the southern Gulf Coast shores, across part of the Gulf of Mexico, around or across Florida, and up the Atlantic Intracoastal Waterway, back into the Atlantic Ocean for a while off of New Jersey, through various New York canal systems, etc.
See this great site for more information http://www.greatloop.org/index.php
voyages
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: St-Charles RIchelieu, Qc

Post by voyages »

Thanks Pete, now I know what the loop is! Sounds like a nice ride
Denis
jprohan
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Bay Shore, NY

Post by jprohan »

You can also do the mini loop which includes the some of the upstate NY canals, small portion of Lake Erie; and on up into Quebec; then back down thru Lake Champlain. Easy to do in 2-3 week time frame.
Veebyes2
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Bermuda

Post by Veebyes2 »

I happened to be talking with the owner of a 50'er recently about doing the canal & up west coast. You might want to reconsider. Get full details before going that way. It sounded like a horrendously expensive time consuming complex way to go.

The 28 is no big deal to trailer. Ever considered going down to the gulf the overlanding to San Diego? How about going N & W as far as possible on the Missouri then overlanding to where the Snake, Columbia or Hood rivers are navigable & get to the Pacific that way.
1996 A32 'S' Type
Bermuda

1986 A27AC 1986-2000
34' 5th wheel trailer
VP9KL (IRLP node #7995)

Return to “General Discussion”