• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Winter Projects

Not model or forum specific.

Moderators: DougSea, RobS

efishnsea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Staten Island NY

Winter Projects

Post by efishnsea »

Spent Thanksgiving home this year. Nice and quiet. Started the project list for my 28 Flushdeck. I think it will look better in the cockpit. What do you all think? Bob
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Bob 2001 28 TE box with 370 Cummins Alimarie3
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Re: Winter Projects

Post by jcollins »

I like it! :D
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
JIMBO44
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: PORT ST LUCIE FLORIDA

Post by JIMBO44 »

Beautiful work!

jimbo44
Anthony1013
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Anthony1013 »

I'm a fan!!
28' Albin "MadMoney" in Ilwaco/Seattle
CCA Member & PSA Sno-King Member
furball
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Chester, Md

Post by furball »

Looks Great. How and where do you plan to mount it?
John
Chief
2005 31TE
Cummins 450

Formerly,
Transition
2006 28TE
Yanmar 6LP
efishnsea
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by efishnsea »

Hello All I will post a picture when I mount it in the cockpit. In the meantime just collecting things and doing small repairs. Putting in a new battery charger and a new stereo. Just bought new set of Lee wishbone outrigger holders. Thinking about what size poles I,me gonna use any body have a little feedback on that. They are 2 inch holders I was thinking 18.5 foot poles witout spreaders. Lets hear about it. Bob
Russell
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Stuart, FL

Post by Russell »

I agree with your selection of Lee wishbone holders. Very good quality. With poles that long I would recommend ones with a spreader to stabilize them. Without the spreader they will flex back and forth when the boat is rocking in the waves. If you can mount a clip to stabilize them higher up do so. I think the Lees come with a clip. I tie my Rupp outriggers to the radar arch with line to prevent them whipping around and stressing the pilothouse wall where they are mounted. The boat always turns broadside to the waves when we are drifting for flounder. I also made some crutches out of PVC pipe that fit in the rod holders to support the spreaders in a horizontal position when going under a low bridge or to lower them for cleaning.
Another option to think about are the telescoping poles that are used on center console boats. When collapsed they will not stick up so far above the pilot house and will not have such a long lever arm for whipping around. They might have an advantage when caught in a lightening storm.
Russ
2005 Flush Deck
Honey Girl
Volvo D6-310
Stuart FL
efishnsea
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by efishnsea »

Id,e love to hear about other winter projects. We all have them. Bob
Bluey
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: No Boat, No Port

Post by Bluey »

Nothing really exciting on the winter project front, mostly maintenance. When we went over the list with the boatyard and lady who takes care of Bluey, my fiancee asked "will there ever be a year where there's nothing wrong with the boat". I think we know *that* answer.

1. new awlgrip nonskid, changing the color on the sole from light blue to white
2. new zincs, including replacing the one in the heat exchanger that sheared off, and the two that were still wrapped in paper, not doing a lot of good.
3. 'glass repair of a 2' diameter area on the hull of something that looks like it happened at the factory, 10 years ago and is just now showing up.
4. replace throttle cable bracket with yanmar part.
5. maybe putting in some rocket launchers on the radar arch, not sure of this one.
6. new (blue?) bolsters and engine box cushion
7. repaint the crackly home port lettering to reflect current location
8. new bottom paint, again.
9. sandblast the trim tabs to remove the barnacles
10. stopping eating, heating the house, taking showers, and washing clothes so I can pay for all this.
Maurice the Boatless

Return to “General Discussion”