• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Hello all (new member)

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
hunttr
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: Pt. Judith,RI

Hello all (new member)

Post by hunttr »

Hello all,not yet an Albin owner but am seriously considering one (TE 28).I figured this would be the best place for me to do some research.I will read over what I can in the archives and also hope I can ask a question or two.Thanks
Brian
whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Anacortes Marina, Anacortes, Wa

Re: Hello all (new member)

Post by whwells »

Welcome Brian: There are many 28 Owner's out there. I have yet to hear any of them say they were unhappy with the boat. I know several 28' owners all who love the boat. The strong suit that is that you can pull & tow the boat yourself. It is also a fine liveaboard fisher. I have had more contact with the 31 Series but liked them all. Ask away when you are ready and enjoy this great group of people.
whwells "Howard"
2006 35TE Sportfisher/Conv.
"Nibbles"
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Post by jcollins »

Hi Brian,
Welcome to AOG. We love questions.

John
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
AdvantageYS
Mate
Mate

Post by AdvantageYS »

Brian,

As the Albin dealer in your area, we are happy to answer any questions you have, whether you are buying a boat with us or not. We have a long history with these boats, through multiple builders and model changes. So fire away!
Doug G.
Advantage Yacht Sales
wpcv1776
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Redondo Beach, CA

Post by wpcv1776 »

Hi Advantage YS,

Since you volunteered :) I'm shopping for a 31te and am having a hard time finding information about model changes etc. I've heard that as some point the company has changed hands several times. That Shamrock took over and then C&C. But I can't find info on when it changed hands or which boat (year models) were built by which company. I've also heard that at some point they switched from balsa core hulls to foam core but can find any dependable info about that. I have my sights set on a 2004 31TE. Just curious who built it and how it might differ from the 1999 and 2001 I've looked at.
DougSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Safe Harbor - Essex Island Marina, Essex, CT

Post by DougSea »

Hello Brian, welcome to AOG!

And hello to you too wpcv! A 2004 model would have been built by Albin Marine, same as the 1999 and 2001.

Albin Marine was sold in 2006 (Not sure exactly when).

See this post for some more 31 specific info: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=6961
Doug
Sonny IV
2006 35TE Convertible, Volvo D6-370's
Former owner - Sonny III, 1997 28TE with "The BEAST"

Return to “New Member Introductions”