• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

HELP! Rebild of AD21 Motor - Need parts!

Engines, Electric, Plumbing, etc.

Moderator: Jeremyvmd

boathog
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: San Francisco

HELP! Rebild of AD21 Motor - Need parts!

Post by boathog »

Can I get lots of info on this AD 21 Eng thats in my 1972 Albin 25 motorsailer???? Want to rebuild it instead of replacing with Volvo stuff... motor is in great shape but missing parts. Anywhere to buy them? Any advice? (need lots of that :) ) Thanks for your help and let's go boating!!
Dave "the boathog"
whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Anacortes Marina, Anacortes, Wa

Re: HELP! Rebild of AD21 Motor - Need parts!

Post by whwells »

DAVE: An Albin Salvage yard would be nice to hold the older boats together. We are all going to get there. Happy to see you are doing the motorsailer. Wish you lots of success and hope that their are members with information on your 1972 25 Albin. Most things can be built or rebuilt if you have the time, patience and do we dare save "money". When i was redoing the Luhrs the most expensive single problem was the Yanmar parts. They could be found but the price was always factory set high - the Yanmar dealer claimed. Who made your particular engne? I keep being surprised at how many Albin boats and members are out west. Seems like San Fran. is doing well these days.
whwells 'Howard'
2006 35TE SPORTFISHER/CONV
"NIBBLES"
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Re: HELP! Rebild of AD21 Motor - Need parts!

Post by jcollins »

boathog wrote:Can I get lots of info on this AD 21 Eng thats in my 1972 Albin 25 motorsailer???? Want to rebuild it instead of replacing with Volvo stuff... motor is in great shape but missing parts. Anywhere to buy them? Any advice? (need lots of that :) ) Thanks for your help and let's go boating!!
Dave "the boathog"
Boathog,
Take a look around Ebay. I seem to remember some parts up for sale.

John
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"

Return to “Albin Maintenance”