• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

36 Aft cabin size

sunvale1
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: grand haven, MI

36 Aft cabin size

Post by sunvale1 »

I may have to transport a 36 Albin by road. One of the questions asked is the height from the keel to the top of the fly bridge. Anyone ever measure or know how high the 36 Albin is.
Thanks
Peter :?:
whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Anacortes Marina, Anacortes, Wa

Re: 36 Aft cabin size

Post by whwells »

Sunvale1: My suggest is get it out of the water and check yourself. I rellied on the Spec pulbished by Comptom on the 35TE Sportfisher/flybridge. Could not transport over 16' on the trailer. Well it said the twin was 3.0" to the and it was actually 3.6" below the water line. We had to take the Flybridge off and it is just today starting to go back on. Unexpected costs. I would have it pulled and check myself if I were you knowing now what could and did happen. Look at the spec(s) here for the twin 35TE. Says 3'0" and is not the case. So be careful. Sorry, I don't know about the 36' but sounds like a similar issue with the flybridge.
Good luck.
whwells "Howard"
2006 35TE Sportfisher/Conv.
"Nibbles"
Captn_Dwt
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Pleasant Cove, Boothbay, ME

Re: 36 Aft cabin size

Post by Captn_Dwt »

sunvale1 wrote:I may have to transport a 36 Albin by road. One of the questions asked is the height from the keel to the top of the fly bridge. Anyone ever measure or know how high the 36 Albin is.
Thanks
Peter :?:
Hi Peter,
I presume that because you are posting in the "classics" list, that your boat is an early 36. A single or dual engine setup matters...the Keel is different; so that's another variable...
My recent purchase of a 1980 36 DC with single engine made me look into this issue. Everything I found lead me to know without actually doing the measure (the only definitive answer) that the fly-bridge must be removed to achieve <= 14'. Now, if your target is to be <= 16', it's going to be close. One author managed this by removing the windscreen, and Fly-brige railings. Then, with the boat mounted on the trailer with the stern UP and the bow as low as possible (really low...interstate highway only) he made clearance.
So, the bottom line is, haul the boat, take your measurments, and work with your transport company.
Best wishes

Return to “36/37/40/43”