• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

raw water head.

Engines, Electric, Plumbing, etc.

Moderator: Jeremyvmd

erice
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: n. kingstown ri

raw water head.

Post by erice »

i've got a 22 year old sabreline with raw water heads fore & aft. the pros are unlimited flushing water and carrying no extra weight, but the cons are the smell from the salt water. i'd like to keep the raw water if possible, but without the smell. if this is not possible, what have members done-replace raw water head with fresh? what brand, features, why.
DougSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Safe Harbor - Essex Island Marina, Essex, CT

Re: raw water head.

Post by DougSea »

Do you have pressure fresh water? You can replumb the head to use a feed from your existing water. You would want a back flow preventer. Search the site, I think I remember someone doing this.
Doug
Sonny IV
2006 35TE Convertible, Volvo D6-370's
Former owner - Sonny III, 1997 28TE with "The BEAST"
erice
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: n. kingstown ri

Post by erice »

thanks, i'll see what i can find.
normntwrk
Mate
Mate
Home Port: Great Bay Marina Portsmouth NH

Post by normntwrk »

you might try pumping it dry and fill with water from your shower head before you leave the boat or even for just overnight

Norm
Bidgood
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Pelican Isle, Florida

Post by Bidgood »

Your post is timely! I have been going around on this issue for some time now. The first solution was to switch the water intake over to the fresh water system in the boat. Pretty easy since the water was accessable on the intake side of the pressure pump under the sink in the 30 FC. Cost about $20 in parts. Took a couple hours due to a trip or two back the the hardware store. Remember the one way valve. I used a "Whale" available at West marine. It solved about 80% of the problem except in the summer in FL things tend to cook and the smell was still there in the background. After a while we decided something more radical was needed so we are in the process of changing over to an AirHead composting toilet which separates the liquid from the solids. I have the AirHead and am working up the resolution to go in and remove the entire existing sanitation system. I have the Vicks just like in CSI and the gloves. It should be finished next week. I will post how it went if anyone is interested. Also the results as far as use and, of course, the smell.

Tom L.
Blessed are the flexible, for they shall not be bent out of shape.

Albin 30 FC
Hull # "0"

Return to “Albin Maintenance”